PDA

View Full Version : My wife made me buy a new Grizzly 1023RL table saw

Jim Tabor
01-19-2013, 9:16 PM
A couple of days after Christmas I drove over to SW MO. to look at a used Delta 3HP Uni-Saw I had found on Craig’s list. Afterlooking the saw over I decided it was not worth the $900 asking price (ran good but looked beat) so I passed on the deal. On the way home I had to pass theSpringfield, MO. Grizzly. Just before I got there I called my wife, told herwhere I was, about what time I would be home, but without the Delta. She asked why didn’t I stop at Grizzly and see if they had anything I liked. I told her I knew they had a real nice 1023RL on sale for a few more days but it would cost about $300 more than the Delta would have. She said I could afford it and if I took the time to stop, (by then I was in the Grizzly parking lot) it would save the shipping cost. A few days ago she was on the phone telling my son how she had to talk me into getting a new Grizzly table saw….. And some of my friends thought I was losing my touch.

Ronald Blue
01-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Your so lucky to have a controlling wife like that.

Mike Cutler
01-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Don't ya' just hate it when they put the screws down and make you buy a new machine.:D

Nice gloat, especially the wife.;)

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Quit your whining :eek::rolleyes::D......get back to using that new table saw!

Congratulations!

Cary Falk
01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't see any table saw.

scott spencer
01-20-2013, 11:06 AM
What a curse to have to live with! :D ;)

Jim O'Dell
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
I don't see any table saw.

That's exactly what I was thinking, well, right after thinking "What a supportive wife." Enjoy the new saw! You're going to love having a riving knife. Jim.

Jay Jolliffe
01-20-2013, 11:24 AM
My wife made me get a Saw Stop after running my finger through the dado blade & needing a bunch of stitches to pull it back together....Unfortunately it was the second time that happened. It's nice to have an understanding wife...:)

Andrew Joiner
01-20-2013, 11:41 AM
:cool:
My wife made me get a Saw Stop after running my finger through the dado blade & needing a bunch of stitches to pull it back together....Unfortunately it was the second time that happened. It's nice to have an understanding wife...:)

I would tell my wife to stop running my fingers through the saw. Even with the Saw Stop the Brakes and blades could get expensive :).

Jim Riseborough
01-20-2013, 11:45 AM
what a bi%^h making you do that!

Kyle Iwamoto
01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
I think you should get divorced and have someone else have such an overbearing wife.....:D