Hand Tools
Hand Powered

Electric

Other

Stationary Tools

Shop Accessories

Anything else?

There can be ties if you can't dicide.:rolleyes:
Just thought it would be interesitng to see other's opinions and thier reasoning behind them.
(Copy and paste my post and fill it in)

Bryan Cramer
01-19-2013, 7:49 PM
Here are my answers:

Hand Tools
Hand Powered
I don't know how I would work without a set of bench chisels. They are so useful. I get by with limited planes. Yes I have to use sandpaper.
Electric
I would have to say a plunge router. You can cut dovetails, dadoes, stopped dadoes, mortises, inlay, etc.
Other
You can't work without a square, but the most useful one is the 4" double square I can carry in my pocket.
Stationary Tools
The bandsaw and table saw tie. The bandsaw rips and resaws safely, cuts curves, and cuts joinery like dovetails. I have say the table saw as well because my bandsaw is a 14" and it doesn't have the throat capacity to cut large panels (I do some cabinet work).
Shop Accessories
I think a good work bench that is flat and strudy is a must. A work bench can also serve as a table saw out feed support.
Anything else?
This might seem strange, but I like my air cleaner because it keeps the dust particals at a healthy minimum.

Carl Beckett
01-19-2013, 7:59 PM
Hand tools:
Vice grips

Electric:
Battery powered drill/driver

Other:
Tape measure

Stationary:
Table saw

Shop accessories:
Lots of light.

Thomas Hotchkin
01-19-2013, 8:43 PM
Hand Tools
Hand Powered
Lie Nielsen small brass hand plane
Electric
Bosch Screw Driver
Other
Stanley 3/4" 16' Tape Measure
Stationary Tools
Dewalt GWI Radial Arm Saw
Shop Accessories
Shop Vacuum
Anything else?Hand Tools
Hand Powered
Pencial

John Bailey
01-19-2013, 9:19 PM
Hand Tools
Hand Powered - 60 1/2 Stanley Block

Electric - Bosch drill/driver

Other - 12ft. tape measure

Stationary Tools - Oliver 192 bandsaw

Shop Accessories -Anything else?

Jim Andrew
01-19-2013, 10:32 PM
My favorite tool at the moment is my G9983 widebelt sander. It not only grinds panels down but flattens them at the same time. Then I put on a fine grit belt and they look ready to put finish on.

Michael Moscicki
01-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Hand Tools
Hand Powered
Various screwdrivers. It's just the most used. Now if only I can master the plane.

Electric
Bosch 1617EVSPK. Have yet to use it, but sure beats my ROS. It's not like anybody enjoys sanding.

Other
Stanley Lever Lock 25'. No matter how many times I measure, I'm still off by a few 1/16's. Wish it was the Festool tape measure just to drink the green kool-aid.

Stationary Tools
Dewalt DW788 Scroll Saw. Safest tool I have. In fact if I don't count my dad's tools, it's my only stationary tool. Plus it was made in Canada. Would like to use it more.

Shop Accessories
The sun. It's free. I work in the backyard, with the exception of the scroll saw.

Shawn Pixley
01-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Hand Tools
Jointer plane or spokeshave

Electric
Table saw

Other
Accurate square

Stationary Tools
Table saw per above

Shop Accessories
My shop dog

Julie Moriarty
01-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Hand tools?
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/jules42651/workbench_09.jpg
I bought this workbench about a year ago and added the drawers about 5 months ago. I have no idea how I got anything done before. The bench made me want to get better at woodworking because it made it so much easier.

For hand planes I use the L-N #112 block plane and the L-N #62 low angle jack plane the most. All chisels are used but not so much the carving. I love the Starrett combo square and the Japanese saws.

Electric hand tools - 5" Bosch RO sander gets the most use for woodworking projects (it's close to dying). Overall, the DeWalt 20v drill and impact set gets the most use.

Stationary power tools - The table saw/router table combo is always in the mix. The miter saw too. I love using the bandsaw as I'm getting better at using it. And the spindle sander has allowed me to get into curves. I love the drum sander and it gets used a lot but I hate changing the sanding belts!

Portable power tools - Thickness planer is indispensable. It's just a little 12-1/2" Delta but I love it! For outdoor projects the 10" DeWalt table saw saves a lot of stair time to and from the basement. Another tool that gets used a lot outdoors is the sawzall.

Accessories - Shop vac for cleanup and dust & chip pickup on sanders & routers. And can't forget the dust collector, that gets used all the time.

I'd like to add an "I want" category. "I want someone to clean up my mess!" :D

Myk Rian
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
I'd like to add an "I want" category. "I want someone to clean up my mess!" :D
You call that a mess? :D

Julie Moriarty
01-20-2013, 2:00 PM
You call that a mess? :D

The mess is just outside the picture (everywhere!) and why the workbench is cropped so closely. :p

Kyle Iwamoto
01-20-2013, 3:43 PM
Hand tool, my Stanley block plane. Gets used the most.

Portable electric: DeWalt planer

Stationary: Saw Stop industrial, which doubles as my 700 pound workbench after I put the plywood cover on. Isn't that why they call it a table saw?

Accessories: Bifocal safety glasses.

Other: Stanley FatMax (BIG numbers) tape rule.

Getting old sucks.... Pretty soon I'll have to use a Sharpie to layout. Hard to see pencil lines.

Danny Thompson
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Hand Tools
Hand Powered:
1. Most used: Hands down, my Lie-Nielsen Bronze 102 Low-angle Block Plane; like an extension of my hand, to ease corners and smooth the rough bits.
2. Z-saw Dozuki. Cheap, fast, handy.
3. Chisels. Whether the 2" Ashley Iles, 3/4" Lie-Nielsen, or the beater Big Box ones. They are the solution for so many things. Tactile.
3. Gramercy Dovetail Saw made from the kit and a Walnut handle made from a tree harvested from the family farm.

Electric: Bosh 18-volt Lithium Ion Drill. It's just a fact, I use it all the time.

Other: Nothing beats a Bessey Parallel Clamp. And the Kreg Pocket-hole Jig.

Stationary Tools
Again, easy. The Jet JTAS-10XL Table Saw (plenty of power-3hp, always cuts straight and square).
Related. The 4x4 outfeed table/cabinet made by a fellow Creeker. I lucked out on that one.

Shop Accessories
Kreg Screws. I've never popped a head.