PDA

View Full Version : My bigrouter died

Ole Anderson
01-19-2013, 6:36 PM
Today I was routing an edge on some base moulding for my shop and my Hitachi M12V motor mounted in my router table just quit like the switch was turned off. Removed it and checked the brushes, no problem, blew out the dust near the speed control and the switch, no help. Verified juice to the cord. Any ideas before I take it apart?

Carl Beckett
01-19-2013, 8:05 PM
make sure its not just a dead speed controller/switch before you get too deep into it.

allan kuntz
01-19-2013, 8:17 PM
I had the same thing happen to me and it was the variable speed control craped out. I called to get a new controller and was told that It was going to be $100.00 and that those things always were trouble so I bypassed it and bought a $20.00 variable from Busy Bee.
Hope that is your only problem
Al

Curt Harms
01-20-2013, 7:15 AM
I had the same thing happen to me and it was the variable speed control craped out. I called to get a new controller and was told that It was going to be $100.00 and that those things always were trouble so I bypassed it and bought a $20.00 variable from Busy Bee.
Hope that is your only problem
Al

I had the same problem and solution with a porter-cable 8529. It appears that router speed control problems occur across brands.

Ole Anderson
01-20-2013, 8:44 AM
The speed control module is $110 now so I ordered a separate speed control from Amazon.

Mike Heidrick
01-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Today I was routing an edge on some base moulding for my shop and my Hitachi M12V motor mounted in my router table just quit like the switch was turned off. Removed it and checked the brushes, no problem, blew out the dust near the speed control and the switch, no help. Verified juice to the cord. Any ideas before I take it apart?

If you bought it new it has a 5yr warranty - send it in.

Ole Anderson
01-20-2013, 1:39 PM
If you bought it new it has a 5yr warranty - send it in.

Thanks for the reminder, but it is 8 years old.

Mike Heidrick
01-20-2013, 1:55 PM
I tried :)