PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop users--Rip Blade without depth limiters?

Matt Meiser
01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
So I discovered that Sawstop recommends against using blades with depth limiters behind the teeth which my 24T rip blade has because they can cause the blade to stop more slowly. Makes sense. Luckily my nice 30T glue-line rip doesn't have them but I'd like to find another rough ripping blade. The only one I've found so far is the Forrest 20T WWII which of course is on the pricey side. Anyone have recommendations on a mid-grade blade without depth limiters.

Rod Sheridan
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
FS Tools L18250 is an 18 tooth 10 inch blade.........Rod.

Matt Meiser
01-18-2013, 1:11 PM
Thanks Rod. Do you have any suggestion for a mail-order source in the US? Google returned only one and the cost of the blade plus the cheapest shipping option is actually more than buying the Forrest through my local Woodcraft. Ironically I unknowingly drove right past that source last weekend--WW Thayer in Pacific, MO. Looks like I need to make a stop in there on my next visit to MO. Not that TSA would have let me bring back a saw blade!

Mark Ashmeade
01-18-2013, 1:46 PM
Not that TSA would have let me bring back a saw blade!

Sure they would. Just not in carry on. I'm coming back from England with about 25lbs of screws next week, but not in carry on!

Matt Meiser
01-18-2013, 2:02 PM
Yeah, but I very rarely check a bag. ;)

Matt Meiser
01-18-2013, 3:08 PM
OK, I found an Amana A.G.E. series blade model MD10-240 at a nice price point ($39.60 delivered from ToolsToday.com) for what will be an occasionally used blade. I had another blade from this series which was a nice performer--at least until it rolled out of my old blade storage and bounced on the concrete several times chipping numerous teeth.