PDA

View Full Version : Bessey Parallel Clamp Warranty

Adam Cruea
01-18-2013, 8:11 AM
Anyone have any experience with warranty returns on Bessey clamps?

I've a 24" K-REVO clamp that no longer clamps well. When looking at the cast aluminum in the sliding arm assembly (the one with the crank), it's broken.

That being said, before I waste the shipping to/from, their time, and my time, how easy has anyone found it to be to break these things? I have a tendency to crank down clamps, so I'm not really sure what qualifies for "misuse/abuse" when it comes to something like this.

Thanks in advance.

David Weaver
01-18-2013, 9:11 AM
Can you call them and find out? That's what I'd do first, they might send you another one without you having to fiddle or they might tell you what they do and don't replace. If you're tightening a clamp with your hands, I can't see how that would be abuse or misuse.

I never broke one of the old clamps, but personally never bought one of the new designs because they look like a step backwards for day to day work.

glenn bradley
01-18-2013, 9:18 AM
I would expect expect pretty good service from Bessey and would call, email or use their "Contact Us" method available. I suspect a defect as cranking hard enough to crack the casting without the handle or some other component failing first would be a neat trick. Strange things can happen but, I would definitely contact them. I received an old K-body with a broken rear clip. I emailed them and they sent out four, no questions asked.

Mike Cogswell
01-18-2013, 6:23 PM
+1 on the "call them".

I clamp things pretty hard too, but I can't imagine I'd break a K clamp. All mine are the old K-Body, not the REVO, but I doubt they'd be any less robust. (Wish I could get more K-Body clamps, I really like them. Bought as many as I could afford when some of the tool stores had them on sale because they were discontinued.)