PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Bottle Stoppers

James Combs
01-16-2013, 11:20 PM
A couple of these are also shown in another post but wanted to show all of them together also. All of the cabochons are leftover pieces from pen blanks turned and polished.
Wood from left to right.
Black Walnut, Cedar, Maple, Osage Orange, Indian Rosewood, Cherry-CherryWalnutPly-Cherry, Plum, CherryWalnutPly, Marble Wood, Cedar, Honey Locust.

C&C appreciated.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-16-2013, 11:23 PM
James.......Gorgeous bottle stoppers!

Bernie Weishapl
01-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Those are beautiful James.

Dan Hintz
01-17-2013, 6:27 AM
All of the cabochons are leftover pieces from pen blanks turned and polished.
This surprised me... wouldn't have thought to do that.

Roger Chandler
01-17-2013, 8:29 AM
Nicely done, JD! Very innovative with making your own cabochons from pen blanks......nice!

Glenn Barber
01-17-2013, 2:49 PM
James-Nice re-purposing of the pen blank leftovers! I have a few myself and have debated on the best way to attach them for re-turning. Would you please share your method? Epoxy or CA or hot melt glue for temporary attachment? I have thought of epoxy gluing them on the end of a trued up dowel held in my pin jaws.

Thanks,
Glenn

James Combs
01-19-2013, 7:36 PM
James.......Gorgeous bottle stoppers!
Thanks Ken, got a few more I will be posting.

Those are beautiful James.
Thanks Bernie.

Nicely done, JD! Very innovative with making your own cabochons from pen blanks......nice!
Thanks Roger, I was inspired by someone else on here that made some bottle stoppers with cabochons and If I remember correctly pen blank cutoffs is what he used. I did some searching but couldn't find the post or I would give him credit for the inspiration.

James-Nice re-purposing of the pen blank leftovers! I have a few myself and have debated on the best way to attach them for re-turning. Would you please share your method? Epoxy or CA or hot melt glue for temporary attachment? I have thought of epoxy gluing them on the end of a trued up dowel held in my pin jaws.
Thanks,
Glenn
Thanks Glenn, I will be putting together a sequence of pics that show my process later on.