PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Baxter Smith

John Coloccia
01-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Baxter stopped by my shop today to pick up a bandsaw fence. While he was there, I managed to sell him a lathe chuck and some other odds and ends...and he gave me some Maine blueberries and rhubarb. As expected, the wife was very pleased, Baxter.

This isn't the first time Baxter has visited my shop. I just wanted to say that he's a gentleman, and Baxter, you're welcome back anytime. We were both in a bit of a rush, but hopefully next time you'll stay a while for some food and adult beverages.

He's also a heck of a turner. That hollow form you showed me was very elegant and beautifully proportioned. Maybe you'll take a picture and show it off here :)

Dan Hintz
01-16-2013, 6:35 AM
You'll have to invite Baxter back when I'm around... last time we met, I think I picked his brain for an hour on those things that grow in the forest.

Baxter Smith
01-16-2013, 7:21 PM
John, I am certainly the one who should be thanking you! Checked the mounting holes when I got home and the fence will be fine. Along with the fence, John gave me some turning stock. I have never turned rosewood or ebony so that will be interesting. You certainly gave me a very good deal on the chuck, sandpaper and calipers as well so thank you again!
Just seeing your shop and the guitars you are working on would have made the stop worthwhile! Very interesting and well done!

I hope the flavors meet your wifes expectations!
The hollowform you looked at was posted here. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?195849-Tall-Oak-HF-Sandblasted-amp-Dyed&highlight)
Hope to stop in again sometime and enjoy your company!