PDA

View Full Version : Path Errors / Corrupt file (?) with Laserworks 6 and Shenhui Laser

Nick Foley
01-15-2013, 7:26 PM
Every so often, our laser cutter "messes up" so to speak - it wanders off of it's path and cuts a random line that isn't in the file - and then promptly returns to cutting the correct path. This happens infrequently enough that it's difficult to trace the source... but frequently enough that we're wasting time and material dealing with it.

I suspect it is some sort of corruption within Laserworks or the control system of the machine (Shenhui SH-G570). If I run the same file repeatedly, it will not mess up consistently in the same spot, if it messes up at all.

Below is a typical photo of this error. In the top of the photo, you can see a lace pattern that was cut successfully. Below it, circled in red, is where the laser walked off it's path momentarily and then started cutting correctly again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can anyone help trace the source?

Rodne Gold
01-16-2013, 1:05 AM
I would suggest you look at the way your laser is grounded , random errors are a symptom of inadequate grounding or a grounding problem , do a search on the forum for a lot of discussion of how to ground the chinese lasers

Nick Foley
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Ugh... This could certainly be the case. We are in an apartment building, where adequate grounding is very difficult. I will see what can be done, and report back if it solves the issue. Thanks for the help!