PDA

View Full Version : HD 10% Off Weekend - Ridgid Miter Stand -$99

Mike Deschler
04-29-2005, 9:21 PM
FWIW, HD is having a 10% coupon off weekend. Ask any department clerk for a coupon.

A real bargin is the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle. It is a fold up stand with big wheels and has extensions with rollers and saw stops. It was a great value at $149 but they are blowing them out for $99 which makes it a great deal, even less with their 10% off coupon and also if you charge it on your Discover card, there is another 5% if you've signed up for the Discover deal. At $85 the stand is a flaming steal. My old MS stand now becomes a mobile planer stand.

The sku# is 206676, and no, I don't work for HD, I only have some of their stock.

Steve Evans
04-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Dang

Now you've gone and done it. I've been eyeing one of those up here in Canada. Priced at $300 Cdn or about $240 US. I knew that they were priced at $149 US and I had planned on getting one sometime that I was across the border. Well as luck would have it, I'm going across tomorrow to grab some other things that I've had shipped to a shipping depot there, but I won't have enough room in the car for everything so now I have to take my truck and suffer the crappy mileage that it gets. Thanks, thanks a lot ;)

Steve

(wow $89, what a deal)

Ron McNeil
04-30-2005, 8:11 AM
I purchased the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle Stand when it was $149.99 and I've been more then satisified with it, at this sales price it's a great buy and it's a great stand. Just passing on my humble opinion. :)

Mike Deschler
04-30-2005, 8:42 AM
Dang

Now you've gone and done it. I've been eyeing one of those up here in Canada. Priced at $300 Cdn or about $240 US. I knew that they were priced at $149 US and I had planned on getting one sometime that I was across the border. Well as luck would have it, I'm going across tomorrow to grab some other things that I've had shipped to a shipping depot there, but I won't have enough room in the car for everything so now I have to take my truck and suffer the crappy mileage that it gets. Thanks, thanks a lot ;)

Steve

(wow $89, what a deal)

Your truck is a good idea, the stand is on the heavy side.........

Just kidding, hope you enjoy your new purchase but do it with the coupon deal, you will enjoy it more.

Per Swenson
04-30-2005, 9:22 AM
Folks if you are contemplating this stand,
just finish your coffee and go buy it.
It is by far the best designed stand on the market
of this type.
All though in the picture below,(no the saw is not a hostage)
I have the saw helper attached. This baby folds up flat,
with your saw bolted to the top, you can wheel the whole shebang
anywhere. Set up? Under a minute. Or less time that it takes
to get a answer from the missus. If you need one or
for that matter just have to buy something today, go get it.
You will not be dissapointed.
Per

James Mudler
04-30-2005, 9:37 AM
I just called my Home Depot and they told me $199. :( EDIT I called the North store and they are on "ad" and told $99 and 10%. Any Huntsvillians south has 15 in stock and north has 16. :D

John Pollman
04-30-2005, 9:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up !

I was looking at one of those when there were $199 I think. I almost jumped on one when I saw they were $149. I didn't because a couple of years ago I spent $175 plus $25 shipping for one I bought on ebay. It's an ok unit but it's just too darn difficult to set up. If I can get one for $90 I'm all over it ! I've got the DeWalt DW708 12" dual bevel compound sliding miter saw and it's my all time favorite tool ! I want a good solid and stable cart for that $600 beast. ;)

Thanks again.

John

Keith Starosta
04-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Will any saw fit on this base? I have the Hitachi 10" slider.

Keith

Per Swenson
04-30-2005, 10:14 AM
The base is huge!
You may have to drill new holes, but there are a bunch of predrilled
ones for various saws. Its no big deal.
One other thought, If you have to get longer bolts
then the ones provided, take this oppurtunity
to buy stainless hardware.
Hope this helps.
Per

Harry Goodwin
04-30-2005, 1:28 PM
Mike I owe you one. Just returned with that great bargain that came off just as you indicated. Watch and be sure our friends get the rigid. They have another featherweight at same price. Thanks again your tip was greatly appreciated. Harry

Rob Blaustein
04-30-2005, 1:41 PM
will this fit in a standard station wagon?

Bill Lewis
04-30-2005, 2:18 PM
Too bad, I've already got a saw stand like the one in the picture below. I was thinking of maybe getting the Rigid OSS. Has anyone tried this coupon thing in an area other than the original poster (Mike Deschler)?

BTW I find that the stand I have is still pretty heavy with a DW705 12 CMS. I'm not sure I could imagine having a 12" slider on it. I'm actually in the process of removing my saw from the stand to something better suited for the shop. I'll keep the stand for using it on "outside" jobs.

John Pollman
04-30-2005, 2:59 PM
I just got back from Home Depot here in Rochester Hills. They have quite a few of them. On the floor model it has a $199 price sticker. Then on the stack of them in boxes it's marked "Was $149, now $99". I asked an associate about the 10% coupon and he just kind of stood there dumbfounded. I was going to find a manager and ask them about it but decided to leave. I may go back a little later after I've thought about it for a while. An extra $10 is nice but not a deal breaker. It's still a heck of a piece of gear for $99 but I do already have a saw stand and I've been out of work for 8 weeks and it's still probably another 4-5 weeks before I can get back to any kind of normal work. It's still going to have to be light duty for a while but at least it'll be work. We just dropped a ton of money on a new computer for the wife to do freelance work at home so that extra $99 just isn't really there at this point. Oh well, I'll just watch for them to go on sale at a later date, I'm sure they will.

John

Kevin Post
04-30-2005, 3:18 PM
Has anyone tried this coupon thing in an area other than the original poster (Mike Deschler)?

I just picked one up at the store in Onalaska, WI. It's a great deal. I asked one of the employees about the 10% coupon. It's a deal for friends and family according to the coupon. He reached in his pocket and handed me one.

Thanks for the tip!

-Kevin

John Shuk
04-30-2005, 7:58 PM
We called the store ahead of time. They told us there was a bunch of them there. My wife asked about the coupon and they said you have to ask for the friends and family coupon. My wife approached a random employee and asked about the coupon the woman said "How did you know I have a coupon??" She gave it to us and I have that sucker home now. I gotta say it is pretty heavy. Alot heavier than I expected. Now I have to get my Delta CMS back from my buddy. The best thing is that I had some random gift cards around so todays out of pocket was on;y $35.00. Gotta love it. I have to credit Tyler H. for the good write up he did on this a while back for putting it in my head. Thanks for the heads up on the deal too Mike.

Steve Evans
05-01-2005, 7:37 AM
Mike

Thanks for the heads up one this one. Worked out great! Got the last F&F coupon in the store, and when I left there was only one left on the floor.

Steve

Bill Lewis
05-01-2005, 9:25 AM
Well I went to HD yesturday to buy the Rigid OSS. I wandered around until there was someone at the contractor counter. I told the kid there that I heard about some 10% coupon deal this weekend. He replied that he had heard something about it too, but didn't know much more. I began to press further, when he turned to ask an older guy sitting behind him. The older guy asked "what are you buying?" and I mumbled somthing about the Rigid OSS, he then pulled out the F&F couplon.

So it seems that the F&F coupons were very limited, and were really intended for the employees to give to their freinds, or their family, or to whoever they thought was worthy at their discretion.

I was able to get the OSS, though it took me at least an hour or more for the whole process. I had to find someone, who had to find it, who than had to find an "electric ladder" to retrieve it from up on high.

Mike Deschler
05-01-2005, 10:37 AM
All though in the picture below,(no the saw is not a hostage)
I have the saw helper attached. This baby folds up flat, with your saw bolted to the top, Per

Could you elaborate a little on the "saw helper", it seems like an interesting idea.

Dan Stuewe
05-01-2005, 9:59 PM
Got mine this afternoon. I had always just planned on making my own, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't do better for under $99. And thanks to my adorable six year old, I got the 10% off coupon too. Well she got it, but she let me use it.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Keith Starosta
05-02-2005, 8:07 AM
I picked mine up at the F'burg HD yesterday afternoon!! I was surprised to see they still had eight of them on the floor, waiting to be purchased. I told the store employee that "a little birdie told me to ask you about the coupon you have in your pocket..." He sorta smirked at me, went to the bottom of his clipboard, and pulled it out. $93 and change later, it's sitting in the shop, waiting for me to get home from work today!! :D

Keith

John Daugherty
05-02-2005, 9:05 AM
I picked one up yesterday at the local HD for 99. One of the boxes had one of the 10% off coupons taped to it. I didn’t use the coupon at the depot however as loml and I have been looking for a wall oven. We found one at lowes that had be discontinued and marked down from 1200 to 698 so we used the 10% off on the oven.

James Mudler
05-02-2005, 9:44 AM
Thanks Mike for this thread. I picked mine up Saturday morning and customer service gave a 10% off coupon. I work out with the store manager from south HD at the YMCA and he dropped off a 4" high stack at the front desk. So the coupons we plentyful.

I really like stand and this sale could not have come at a better time. Thanks again.

Scott Coffelt
05-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I stopped by on Saturday at one of the Olathe, KS stores and they had 3, but I decided to wait. I went back Sunday and and there was one left. Correction, zero left :D . While there, I also saw a table with lawn sprinkler stuff on it. Below was a sign that said additional 50% off today only. So I got a 12 zone Toro brand controller for $27. It will be a year before I can install it on the new house build, but might as well start saving money now.

Oh, to add, I had a Lowe's preferred customer coupon for $10 off, HD took it too. So after the gift card I had in my pocket and all the discounts, coupons etc..... I walked out the door with no real cash out of my pocket..... the wife will never know... of course we don't keep secrets, she'll just have to figure out I have a new toy. :rolleyes: Should make the house build much easier on the back.

Bob Wingard
05-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I checked with three local H.D.'s .. .. .. all said the SALE price was $149 .. .. .. nobody knew anything about the $99 price !! !! !! :mad:

Jim Fancher
05-02-2005, 11:13 AM
So this was just over the weekend?

Bill Lewis
05-02-2005, 12:13 PM
So this was just over the weekend?
Yes the "Friends and family" couplon was only good for this past weekend. I don't know about the saw stand deal for $99. It was still on sale for $149 in our local store.

I got to use 2 coupons !:p

Kevin Post
05-02-2005, 12:59 PM
This reminds me of the now-famous thread about the sale at Sears on Bessey clamps from long ago. :D

Like the Sears saga, those of us who were fortunate enough to catch it, got a great deal. (Thanks again for the tip... 90 bucks... wow!) Unfortunately, those that missed out are frustrated. :(

-Kevin

Bill Lewis
05-02-2005, 1:19 PM
This reminds me of the now-famous thread about the sale at Sears on Bessey clamps from long ago. :D

Wow that thread must've been really famous, either that or it was because I was one of those that got a great deal on Bessy's by using the raincheck acquired at Sears to buy them at Home Depot with the extra 10% price beat. I can still make a friend of mine green over that one.

Harry Goodwin
05-02-2005, 5:08 PM
Mike I owe you for such a beautiful deal. I only had to drill two canted holes on the back for my PC saw and the provided holes on the front. I even found enough room in the shop to fit it. Thanks again. Haarry

James Mudler
05-02-2005, 5:19 PM
Mike - two co-workers just bought one each and wanted to post and Thank You.

Kurt Forbes
05-02-2005, 6:51 PM
got mine was impressed it was heavier than I expected.

I was also supprised I thought that they were supposed to get your ID on file when you buy denatured alcohol. No one asked me a thing.

John Shuk
05-02-2005, 7:24 PM
I've bought denatured before here in NY. Never got ID'd before.

Mike Deschler
05-02-2005, 8:58 PM
I am glad all you guys took advantage of the 10% coupon orgy and better yet, the Ridgid MSUV for $99 before discounts. I dumped a bundle at HD buying a bunch of stair parts in anticipation of a forth coming new stairway project in addition to picking up a MSUV, that was a real bargin to say the least.

Being recently retired has its advantages and that is to have time to pursue deals like this one when they present themselves. Let's see what we can find in the future.

Bill Neely
05-03-2005, 4:14 AM
Will any saw fit on this base? I have the Hitachi 10" slider.

Keith

I have an Hitachi 10" slider on mine. Had to drill additional holes but it is a great piece of equipment. I keep my slider over to one side of the shop and set it up when needed. As Per said it sets up almost instantly and is well built.

Rob Music
05-04-2005, 6:11 AM
Just to add what I found: I stopped at my local HD (Louisville, KY) and they told me that $99 was the new regular price. I asked if the item was being discontinued or no longer carried. The guy said no, when we run out they would order more. The shelf had a white price sticker, not the yellow sale sticker. They had two in stock. FYI..........Rob

Randy Figg
05-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I went today to my local HD in Mishawaka, Indiana and they still had the price at $149.

Kevin Beck
05-06-2005, 10:06 AM
My local Home Depot also has $149 as the price :mad:

Ken Salisbury
05-07-2005, 5:46 AM
I saw them yesterday at my local HD with a "regular price" tag at $99

Bob Borzelleri
05-07-2005, 1:07 PM
$149 at the local Home Depots as well as on the HD web site.

...Bob

MoJoe Reiser
03-03-2006, 9:47 AM
I just received this weeks HD circular in Thursday nights paper and it clearly shows the MSUV for $99 limited time offer down from $149. I'm going to pick it up now. I'm going to try for the F&F 10% off too. I'll post when I get back and let you know the status.

Tyler Howell
03-03-2006, 9:58 AM
I may go for another one at that price. Could really put her to good use. This one worked out well for me:cool:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=11297&d=1097499102

MoJoe Reiser
03-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Just back from the HD in Annapolis, MD. Picked this up for $99.00 but the F&F discount was over. Still a great deal. There were 3 other guys there picking up the same thing, after that they had 4 left.

Good luck to everyone and thanks Mike!!!

John Shuk
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Well worth grabbing. I have it and love it.

Bill Fields
03-03-2006, 6:09 PM
Paid $179 for mine and it is worth it. In addition to what Per said, pay close attention to placement for the mounting holes/bolts. It is easy to hit one of the sliding rails and interfere with its operation.

An earlier post complained about it being difficult to set up. Maybe the problem described above is the cause. Mine is slick going up or down.

BILL

Howard Norman
03-03-2006, 7:22 PM
I just returned from my local HD in Prescott, AZ. They have the stand in stock for $99 but no one knew anything about a 10
% off coupon. So I came home without the miter saw stand.

Howard

Bill Simmeth
03-03-2006, 7:28 PM
but no one knew anything about a 10
% off coupon.Howard,

Check the date on the 1st post...

Allen Bookout
03-03-2006, 7:32 PM
Howard,

From what I see here I think that the 10 percent discount was a few months ago. I did just pick up one for $99 plus tax. Someone said that it was heavier than he though it would be and I second that. It is still in the box so have no input as to what I think about the unit. I may try to get out there and set it up tonight.

I wish that you guys would stop finding these good deals as you are diving me bankrupt. I am not so sure that I really even need it at this time.

Allen

Vaughn McMillan
03-03-2006, 8:43 PM
...I wish that you guys would stop finding these good deals as you are diving me bankrupt. I am not so sure that I really even need it at this time...
I can relate...my "membership" in SMC has cost me quite a bit of money since I started visiting here. :eek: (It's been money well-spent, though.) Fortunately on this particular deal, I didn't feel compelled to run to HD and pick up this stand since I don't have a decent miter saw and don't do much crosscutting of long stock at all. :p

- Vaughn

Allen Bookout
03-03-2006, 9:10 PM
Your right Vaughn, the donations are nothing compaired to the extra tools that I buy. However, in this case I am REALLY glad that I did it. I do have a miter saw that I use a good bit and I was sick and tired of sitting it on the floor and trying to block up whatever it was that I was cutting and then having to work on my knees. A pain in the knee!!! But now-----I guess that I need a better miter saw to go with the new table. Forget that for a while.

As for the unit itself, It is very good quality- much better than I expected for $99 for sure. When I saw that it took assembly I thought, oh no not again, but it took all of two bolts, washers and nuts for the frame and two washers and nuts for the wheels and it was ready to go except for slipping in the roller stands. That is so simple that you cannot even consider it a set up. It is a piece of cake to roll around with the large wheels. Stores in a small area. I do not think that I will be dreading getting out my miter saw any more.

WHAT A BARGIN!!!!

Howard, You had better get back down there and get out your credit card or check book or cash or whatever it takes and get yourself one of those things if you have a simular situation to mine.

Well, I guess that I have gotten carried away enough for one night.

Allen

Tyler Howell
03-03-2006, 9:38 PM
Matching set for the garage. Just got home with #2:cool:

Howard Norman
03-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Howard,

Check the date on the 1st post...
I am an idiot! I did not check the date of the original post. Oh well, maybe I will go back tomorrow and buy one anyway. I have my DeWalt on a Black and Decker stand but I always have to run around and find a stand when I am cutting long boards.

Howard

Bill Fields
03-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Geeez--popular! 50 posts!

We all owe Mike and especially Per a thanks on this one. Per mentioned it favorably around 6 months (?) ago, and since he is a pro--I figured he knew what works, and I went to HD and paid $170 for mine.

Well worth it.

B

John Daugherty
03-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I just picked up a second msuv. I have my miter saw on the first one and plan on putting my lunch box plainer on the second. Being cramped for space I can store them under a wall bench and roll them out when needed.

Keith Starosta
03-05-2006, 9:25 AM
Geeez--popular! 50 posts!

We all owe Mike and especially Per a thanks on this one. Per mentioned it favorably around 6 months (?) ago, and since he is a pro--I figured he knew what works, and I went to HD and paid $170 for mine.

Well worth it.

B

Per's comments were what promped me to buy mine....last year!! :D

It's an awesome addition, and has been dragged all over my property since I bought it.

- Keith

Marion Rood
03-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Could you elaborate a little on the "saw helper", it seems like an interesting idea. www.sawhelper.com (http://www.sawhelper.com)
I just got mine. Looks like a great system. I took my saw off the ridgid though and I'm using sawhelper table.

Allen Bookout
03-05-2006, 10:55 AM
I took a look at the sawhelper web site and they give no indication of the price range. When that happens I tend to just forget about it.

Brian Parker
03-05-2006, 2:39 PM
I just got mine, had to call 3 HD before I found one that had it. While I was there they sold 4 of them! Oh well time to eat some lunch and go put the toy together. BTW the guy at the place looked at me like I was nutz for asking about a 10% coupon. Oh well can't win them all. I guess the clipped head nails for my nailer being on sale made up for the $10 that I would have saved anyways.

John Pollman
03-07-2006, 1:51 PM
I just got home with my new MSUV !

As I said about a year ago I really wanted one but after dropping $200 on one about 3 years ago I couldn't justify it. Well, the piece of JUNK I've been fighting with for the past three years is falling apart so I'm done with it. They still had several at the Rochester Hills, MI HD. It's been priced at $99 since February 28 and I've been really thinking about it and I was in the store this morning picking up some material for a job I'm on and was standing in front of the display drooling. :) I walked away a couple of times thinking that maybe I'd come back in a day or so and pick one up. Well, there's a woman that works in the hardware dept. that I see and talk to almost every time I'm in the store and she told me that today was the last day for the sale price. Needless to say, I went and got a cart and put on on it. ;)

If you want one I'd head out to the Depot TODAY and get one !

Now it's time to go put it together and transfer the DeWalt over to it.

Take care all !

John

Michael Ballent
03-07-2006, 3:24 PM
It looked to me that $99 was the new lower price... When I picked mine up over the weekend I did not see any mention that it was a sale price. The tag had the old price and what was the new price... but I was surprised that it was $99 even and not $99.99. Any way you look at it, it's a good deal. Hopefully the price will stay ;) because I want another for my planer... I'd hate to have to wait until next year :(

Gary Keedwell
03-07-2006, 3:41 PM
;) Checked it out. looked real sturdy but there was no coupon for 10% discount. Decided to walk away. ( that ain't easy)

Gary K.

John Pollman
03-07-2006, 3:46 PM
That would be nice if they dropped the regular price to $99. But at the store I bought mine from there was a big orange tag that said "Limited time only".

I was going to do it a little while ago but got sidetracked. I'm headed out right now to put her together.

CYA

Brad Schmid
03-07-2006, 4:10 PM
Thanks guys for bringing this to my attention so I could spend more money:D
I picked one up Friday night on my way home from work. I'm impressed. It's heavier than I expected, and it has real bearings in the wheels (what's up with that? :confused:;) ) :cool: .

Anyway, I mounted my Dewalt on there and ditched the cheesy table I had it on. Saved some floorspace with the vertical storage and is pleasingly portable. It's light years ahead of the $99 Ryobi unit that was sitting right next to it at the store...

John Pollman
03-07-2006, 5:27 PM
Wow is this thing SWEET !!

I just finished mounting my DeWalt slider on it. I can't believe how quick and easy it is to set up. The old one that I'm going to ditch is a pain in the rear to set up. You had to tilt it up on one end and flip open the leg and lock it into place. Then set it down on that set of legs. Then I had to bend over and pick up the other end. This was no easy task. It was too narrow and I had to balance as I was picking it up and all the while reach under and fold the second set of legs down. (On more than one occasion it was a little unstable and I almost lost it and had it go over) Then it was a real pain to set up the work supports that don't store with the unit as nicely as the Ridgid does.

This Ridgid is just too easy. I love the flip open one set of legs and lower it down. Go to the other side and pull the handle and it EASILY rises up and locks into place. I applaud the designers of this thing for its stability and ease of setup. The extendable work supports are just awesome in their effectiveness and simplicity !

Ok, I'm done gloating. A lot of you out there already have this wonderful piece of equipment so you know what I'm talking about. NowqI can start kicking myself for not getting one sooner. :)

Take care !

John

Tyler Howell
03-07-2006, 5:57 PM
Sure is a lot of Gloatin an No Pix to show for it????
Settle Up or there'll be trouble:mad: :mad:

John Pollman
03-07-2006, 7:09 PM
Ok Tyler,
I'll rectify the situation tomorrow. I'm taking it with me to start trimming out a job. It's supposed to be a BEAUTFUL day here in Michigan tomorrow. I'll get a nice outdoor shot. ;)

John Pollman
03-09-2006, 9:04 AM
Ok, hopefully this will appease the picture police. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~jpollman/msuv.jpg

I wish I'd have bought this thing a long time ago. IMO, it's well worth even the regular $149 !

John

Steve Ash
03-09-2006, 9:10 AM
Looks like a good set up John. Guess I should look into getting one since I use a Black and Decker workmate for my Dewalt....yours would be a lot better.

BTW are you making vinyl graphics for jobsite trailers now? I'd still like to get my business on the side of mine.

John Pollman
03-09-2006, 9:21 AM
Hi Steve,
I sure am. In fact, I did the graphics on the side of my trailer that is in the picture. If you'd like to drop me a line and let me know what you'd like I could design something for you to look at. I'll cut you a good deal. :)

John

Steve Ash
03-09-2006, 9:44 AM
Hi Steve,
If you'd like to drop me a line and let me know what you'd like I could design something for you to look at. I'll cut you a good deal. :)

John

I just left a message on your answering machine.
Thanks

Kelly C. Hanna
03-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Per's exactly right. I have owned mine now for several years [got one of the first ones at $200] and it's still in great shape even after me beating it up in and out of trucks and my shop. Only one knob has been damaged and it's very minor.

Get one if you need it....don't even think about it at $99 or less with discounts.

Roy Bennett
03-09-2006, 4:14 PM
Good things don't last. I just checked all three HD's in my area and, by their house computer, all stores in N Florida - no Ridgid MSUVs available. Additional stock is due in 3/18 but they cannot sell those at the $99 sales price. Guess I missed a gloat!!!!!!!!:mad:

John Pollman
03-09-2006, 4:24 PM
Good things don't last. I just checked all three HD's in my area and, by their house computer, all stores in N Florida - no Ridgid MSUVs available. Additional stock is due in 3/18 but they cannot sell those at the $99 sales price. Guess I missed a gloat!!!!!!!!:mad:
That's too bad Roy. But as I stated in an earlier post, the Ridgid MSUV is WELL worth the $149 price tag IMO.

John

Allen Bookout
03-09-2006, 5:44 PM
I know how you feel Roy. I have missed plenty of good deals myself.

It seems like that several years ago you could wait for a better deal and usually get it but in the last few years it seems like that when you find a good deal you had better jump on it or else you are likely to miss it. I do not know if this is a misperception or not.

May be in a few months they will go back on sale again as they have in the past.

Allen

Greg Koch
03-09-2006, 7:25 PM
and I don't even have a Miter saw....yet. Next thing on the wish list. The stand is heavy and the wheels actually have ball bearings in both sides. All the employees in the tool section commented that "it used to be $199..." and "The steel is really thick" and "I got one too"... I had a $30 discount card and so the total was $69. I'm gonna use the 10% coupon for some stuff this weekend.

I'm looking at the Dewalt DW716 or the Bosch 4212L.... Should fit nicely on the SUV cart.

Norman Hitt
03-09-2006, 11:35 PM
I had just looked at one of those stands last week in the tool Dept. and it was marked at $149 so I decided to wait for a sale. After seeing this renewed thread tonight I called them and got there 15 min before closing time and I just now got back from there and guess what, they had 12 in stock, (11 now).:D The funny thing was that we couldn't find them, except for one with a Saw mounted on it, and one that was damaged, and they were still marked $149, but the computer said $99 so we kept looking and finally found a BIG DISPLAY of them with a large POSTER advertising them for $99, and I think it was probably there when I was in the store last week, but just didn't see it. Anyhow my DeWalt will now have a "Solid Perch";) instead of just sitting on top of a large Plastic Pallet on top of a metal frame with 2" wheels that wouldn't roll over Anything.:o

Thanks a million for the heads up Guys. It's a pity ya'll aren't here to pick up those other 11 they still have in stock.:(

Scott Parks
03-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I picked up mine yesterday... My local store had at least 10. I can't beleive that they can build these things for $99!!!.. Ball bearing wheels, gas strut lifts, roller outfeeds, etc. This thing is awesome! Only problem is that I'll have to drill more holes for my Hitatchi 12". Right now its only using 2 bolts.

Pros: Ball bearings, gas strut lift, compact, easy setup, portability, I can roll it outside to keep the garage clean, my saw is off the floor, no more kneeling on concrete to make miter cuts, no more setting up saw horses to use my miter saw, my knees don't hurt anymor, oh, and did I mention it is fast and easy to set up?

Cons: (only two so far). I'll have to figure out a fence system for repeated cuts. And, it is heavy. I'm glad I won't be loading this thing into the truck very often.

Sorry Tyler, I'm too lazy to go out and take a picture. But it DOES exist.

RichMagnone
03-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Can anyone who has one comment if the stand be set up with an auxilliary fence (ie. Kreg system)??

Kelly C. Hanna
03-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't see why not, but there's gonna be some fabrication involved. As far as stops go for short cutoffs, I use the clamp on my 1013....but you can also use the rollers as stops...each one has a small shelf on the front. You just raise the roller until the wood rests on the shelf at the distance you want cut off. Then tighten the clamps and knobs to hold it there and cut away.

For the fence, there are holes in every miter saw's fence that you can attach another fence to. I have extended mine out two feet in both directions before to cut crown molding. I'm sure with a fence extension the Kreg could be mounted on just about any stand.

Christian Aufreiter
03-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Argghhhhhhhh! Please, please stop it! I can’t stand it any longer!:mad:
Congrats to everybody who got one of those SCMS stands BUT I want – no I need – one too. Too bad that it’s not available here. And even if they sold it in my neck of the woods it would probably cost around $ 300.
Per, really sweet setup. Would be handy for my purposes.

Have a nice day,

Christian

Tyler Howell
03-11-2006, 2:13 PM
sorry Tyler, I'm too lazy to go out and take a picture. But it DOES exist..

Scott, at least your honest. the "Dog ate my camara" and the "wind blew the pixels away" excuses weren't cuttin it.
I agree I'm impressed. As I mentoned I've got 2:cool: .

Steve Evans
03-11-2006, 8:48 PM
Argghhhhhhhh! Please, please stop it! I can’t stand it any longer!:mad:
Congrats to everybody who got one of those SCMS stands BUT I want – no I need – one too. Too bad that it’s not available here. And even if they sold it in my neck of the woods it would probably cost around $ 300.
Per, really sweet setup. Would be handy for my purposes.

Have a nice day,

Christian

Christian. Don't feel too bad. Up until recently these were priced at $300 Cdn which worked out to about $250 US. I had to go across the border and pick up a couple of these for $86. (See page 1)

Norman Hitt
03-12-2006, 1:32 AM
Hooray, I got my DW-705 mounted on the New Rigid MSUV:rolleyes: today, and What a Pleasure it is to use. I've been waiting for this sale for quite a while, but it was well worth the wait. Heck, if my Tool Budget wasn't so out of whack, I'd buy another one just to have a spare, 'cause I know there must be Something Else in the shop that is bound to need to be mounted on one of these.:D

Sorry, no Pics today, 'cause the LOML & MIL went out of town for a few days and she must have taken MY camera with her, 'cause "I CAN"T FIND IT".:(

NOTE: For the AZ, and other guys/gals whose store is still showing the $149 price, the Associate here told me you should ask your store associate to punch in the bar code in their computer and it will come up $99 just like it did here. Since he is fairly new, he did not know whether this is the new Regular Price, or a short term sale Price. Anyhow, check it out and GOOD LUCK.

Greg Koch
03-12-2006, 1:46 AM
Could you mount a portable planer "sideways" and use the roller arms as extenders for boards you're planing?

Norman Hitt
03-12-2006, 2:33 AM
Could you mount a portable planer "sideways" and use the roller arms as extenders for boards you're planing?

Greg, I'd have to measure the depth of the table top tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it would work. I had even suggested to my WW Buddy that he should buy one of these to mount a planer on that he is going to purchase soon. I'm pretty sure the rollers would extend high enough to support the wood. The only thing I don't know for sure is whether the mounting holes on the planer could be fastened directly to the stand or not, (depending on where they are located on the planer), to keep from interfering with the track underneath, but if they would'nt, you could always mount the planer to a piece of metal plate, or plyood and then fasten that to the top of the stand placing the bolts through that plate where they wouldn't interfere with the track under the top of the stand. Easy to do.

Darl Bundren
03-12-2006, 4:05 PM
I got the MSUV as a gift yesterday, and it is great. I don't have my saw mounted on it yet, and that's where my question comes up. What type of a bit should I use to drill the holes to mount my saw? And should I use a punch to make a dimple to keep the bit from straying? I don't remember ever having drilled metal before. Often times I'll just head to the shop and go at it, but I don't want to mess up my new goody.

And, as for mounting a planer on there, I'd recommend putting it on wood or metal and trying to get more than four anchor bolts in there. That way the stress would be dispersed more evenly. My planer is at least twice as heavy as my saw (probably three or four times heavier), and I'd be afraid that the extra weight would torque something out of whack if you stored it vertically like you do with the saw. I'm not sure what the table is engineered to support as far as mounted tools are concerned.

I am glad I saw the recommendations here--lots of times I feel like I am paying too much for tools and equipment, but this is a great deal even at the regular $149 price, and it's crazy good at $99.

Kelly C. Hanna
03-12-2006, 4:12 PM
I used a titanium tipped drill bit (yellow) and a punch to start the hole...drilled a smaller hole first then the 1/4" ones. Yep, with a planer on baord, I'd have a plate between the metal and the planer. The metal on these stands get thinner every year.

Roger Los
03-19-2006, 12:19 AM
As of today, 3/18, my local Home Depot had these still for $99. Somehow I came home with one. This aquarium stand I'm building for LOML is going to be about $2,000 by the time I'm done picking up the tools "I have to have."

David Bell
03-19-2006, 1:45 AM
I just picked up my MSUV. Thank you all for the tip. It went together really fast and is much more useful than the 4 wheel dolly I have been using as my miter stand! I like the idea of getting one more for my planner, however I do not know if I have the room in my shop for 2 MSUV's.

David

Kelly C. Hanna
03-19-2006, 2:04 AM
Call me a nut but I don't think of the MSUV as a good mounting place for a planer. I think a mobile cabinet is a better choice for that operation.

Allen Bookout
03-19-2006, 8:35 AM
As of today, 3/18, my local Home Depot had these still for $99. Somehow I came home with one. This aquarium stand I'm building for LOML is going to be about $2,000 by the time I'm done picking up the tools "I have to have."
That will make her appreicate it even more. You will be way out in front as number one with her. What a lucky guy!!! Allen

Bill Kay
03-19-2006, 9:01 AM
Hi,

Did a quick graphic for a guy I used to hodrod with. Changed the name and thought you might want it for grins.

Enjoy

Tyler Howell
03-19-2006, 9:15 AM
Call me a nut but I don't think of the MSUV as a good mounting place for a planer. I think a mobile cabinet is a better choice for that operation.
You're a nut!! But in a nice way:D .
Kelly for a poor slob with space problems, it works real good for me. On the occassion that I would haul it to a site it will work too. Especially on rough ground.
I admit it is creaping up on the weight limitations of the MSUV and that should be concidered. All precautions taken.
It also solve the in/out feed problem.;)

Steve Ash
03-19-2006, 9:56 AM
Hi,

Did a quick graphic for a guy I used to hodrod with. Changed the name and thought you might want it for grins.

Enjoy

That's pretty cool Bill, can you make one with a 69 Chevelle SS (like mine)?

Gary Herrmann
03-19-2006, 3:45 PM
I went by HD today to pick some stuff for some honey-dos and recalled this tread. Decided to check out the stand in the tool crib. There was a guy there talking to his wife about it. I started looking at it too. Then another guy came by and started looking at it. We're all talking and manipulating the various features on the thing, and the guy's wife is looking at us like we're nuts. We wound up buying the last 3 they had - including the display model.

The guy's wife asks him as they're checking out, "Did you call them ahead of time to set this up, just so you could get it?"

Nice miter saw stand - $99. Hearing someone else's wife say something like that - priceless.

Mike Deschler
03-19-2006, 5:09 PM
I would have never realized how popular these stands are when I started this thread and am glad everyone took advantage of a great deal. I recently bought another one to be used with my planer. I guess one can never have enough of a good thing.

Roger Los
03-19-2006, 9:43 PM
To appease Tyler, here's my stand with my 12" DeWalt MS on it. Had to buy slightly longer bolts and drill some holes, but otherwise it went well.

Tomorrow I'm going to make some sawdust with the setup!

Marion Rood
03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
I would have never realized how popular these stands are when I started this thread and am glad everyone took advantage of a great deal. I recently bought another one to be used with my planer. I guess one can never have enough of a good thing. Which planner and do you have it mounted yet?
I have a stand that I took my bosch off right before these things price went down. I payed $149 and was asking $95. Needless to say I still have stand and was wondering about putting planner on it.

Chet Parks
03-20-2006, 8:23 AM
FWIW, HD is having a 10% coupon off weekend. Ask any department clerk for a coupon.

A real bargin is the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle. It is a fold up stand with big wheels and has extensions with rollers and saw stops. It was a great value at $149 but they are blowing them out for $99 which makes it a great deal, even less with their 10% off coupon and also if you charge it on your Discover card, there is another 5% if you've signed up for the Discover deal. At $85 the stand is a flaming steal. My old MS stand now becomes a mobile planer stand.

I have a MSUV and paid the $99 for it 3 weeks ago. It is great.

Another use for it would be to mount a "lunchbox planer". If I hadn't build a planer stand last year, I'd by a second one for this application,

Chet

Tyler Howell
03-20-2006, 8:47 AM
Watch the Weight folks!!!
Make sure your tools don't exeed the limits of the MSUV.
Also make sure it locks in solid, in the up or down position.;)

Mike Deschler
03-20-2006, 9:11 PM
[quote=Tyler Howell]Watch the Weight folks!!!
Make sure your tools don't exeed the limits of the MSUV.
Also make sure it locks in solid, in the up or down position.;) [/quote

Good Point and well made.

Currently I have a Makita 1013 on my old MSUV and its weight is approximately 47# and I am planning to put my Delta lunch box planer on the new stand I bought this weekend. Its weight according to Delta is 62#. I think it should work ok, the MSUV is built like a tank, we'll find out real soon. I don't expect to fold up the stand with the planer like I do with the Makita, just be able to move it around the shop more easily.

Marion Rood
03-20-2006, 9:58 PM
I couldn't find anywhere that listed a weight limit. My bosch weights 62 lbs. The dewalt planner is 84 lbs. I plan to bolt that puppy down and fold it to store.

Bart Leetch
03-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Well I got my MSUV too just for use with my planer.

I plan bolting down a piece of MDF to the top of the MSUV on routing out slots in it & installing T-track & using it to clamp the planer or any other tool I want to use with the MSUV down. This will make it much more versatile. None of the tools will stay on the MSUV because of the smallness of my shop. All my tools have their own storage space.

My DC sets just inside of the door & since my shop is small I plan to use the MSUV to be able to set my planer up outside when ever possible with a hose to the DC so it doesn't take up space in the shop when in use.

Oh Tyler here is a picture of my MSUV.

Tyler Howell
03-20-2006, 11:29 PM
The DW 735 runs about 100lbs. The MSUV handles it well. More than once when lifting into battle ready position it didn't "lock-in".
I can just hear the creeker wheels grinding as this thread grows. What new toyl will show up on a The Rigid:confused: :confused:
I want everybody thinking ahead while they're thinking outside the box.
The MSUV can take it, (With in reason)

Nice one Bart. Seal of approval.:cool:

Marion Rood
03-21-2006, 12:39 AM
I have dewalt 734--so I got no problem.