PDA

View Full Version : Artistic Media Brushes

Steve Clarkson
01-14-2013, 8:18 AM
I must confess......I NEVER use the artistic media tool or docker.

However, I was in need of a barbed wire graphic and through searching on here, one of the posts mentioned using a barbed wire artistic media brush. After Googling for a bit, I was able to find, download, install and use a sample pack of brushes (there were 5 or 6 brushes including a barbed wire brush, a feather brush, a wing brush etc.). And so I realized that the reason I never used the artistic media brushes was because I didn't have any......or atleast any GOOD ones. The ones that I have all just look like paint brush strokes.....not real objects.

I found one pack of 400 brushes for Coreldraw, but it costs $70 and I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money "experimenting" with brushes. I see a ton of free Photoshop brush packs, but I'm assming they won't work in Coreldraw.

Does anyone know where you can find free Corel brush packs? And no, I have no interest in making my own brushes!

Mike Null
01-14-2013, 8:48 AM
Steve

Explore the options in the docker. There are dozens of items there besides strokes.

Jim Huston
01-14-2013, 8:48 AM
Steve
like yyou I have never used them either. can you share where you found the samples?
Thanks
Jim

Steve Clarkson
01-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Mike......yes, I did look through those folders....but there wasn't anything as cool as what the t-shirt guy was selling.

Jim......I found the sample pack on advancedtshirts.com........and he's also the one selling three different packages of 400 brushes......but definitely check out his videos....he's really good at CorelDraw......I learned alot about things other than brushes.

George Brown
01-17-2013, 7:36 PM
Steve, if you want to play with creating your own brushes, check out this

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y1RbX8LFZy0

Good tutorial.

Mike Null
01-29-2013, 4:58 AM
Steve

Here's something I came across this morning. http://www.unleash.com/MediaSales/webApp/CorelDRAW_Brush_Pack_1___2_Samples-details.aspx

Steve Clarkson
01-29-2013, 7:27 AM
Yea Mike.....those are the sample brushes I downloaded........but the thing is, it seems like no one else makes the brushes for CD.....