PDA

View Full Version : Winddows* and Corel X5

rich shepard
01-14-2013, 3:06 AM
Has anyone got X5 to run on Windows 8? Just downloaded the 32 bit version of 8 and it will not run X5. Windows says it has a compatibly problem. when you click the fine solution as there is a update to fix the problem. It takes you to buy X6 . Is this just another way the program company's use to force us to buy the newest programs. rich

Kevin Cederquist
01-14-2013, 9:36 AM
I haven't used X5 extensively with windows 8, but when I upgraded (64-bit version) I left X5 installed, and it too gave me the error that it was incompatible and when I clicked on the link for the upgrade it wanted me to buy X6. I ignored it and tried opening X5 anyway, and it opened and all the operations I tried seemed to work just fine. I can't say how it prints to the laser though, as I'm currently in Afghanistan and don't have the Laser with me. So might as well try it. But like I said, mine opened and seemed to run fine.

rich shepard
01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks, I had to do a format to install WIn 8 so had to reinstall Corel. Did get it to install but when it try's to open get the same incompatible error message and send me to Corel 6 . And stay save over there my son just got back from spending 4 of the last 5 years over there.

Bert Kemp
01-15-2013, 4:51 PM
New problem with Corel or rertina engrave. I have a design in corel and when I send it to retina engrave its a different size. My design in corel draw x5 is 11.5 x 8.5 when I send to laser it shows up 14 x 10 any ideas?