PDA

View Full Version : Lenox Diemaster....Now your cooking with gas!

Peter Quinn
01-13-2013, 9:41 PM
Ok, its not carbide. Buts its not $240 either! I've had a 20" BS for a while now, but I've still been using 1/2" 3TPI timberwolf blades because they are relatively cheap and thats my comfort zone. Gets the job done. I've got a couple of things coming up that need a little more UMPH resaw wise (though the last thing I did with the 1/2" blades was resaw 12" hard maple veneers). Ordered a 1" 2-3VARI Lennox diemaster from Spectrum. Holy sharp Batman. The weld felt a bit course to me frankly, and I had my reservations. I had to completely reset up the saw, adjust both wheels to make it stay centered on the wheels. But it sure does cut wood. I started off ripping some 12/4 mahogany, because that was my first project. THen I just started pushing stuff in to see what it could do. 6", no problem, 8" no problem, 10" no problem! Much faster feed rates possible than with the lighter blades. ITs not a clean cut like you see from a carbide, but its clean enough to sand out quickly, and for under $60, I'm thrilled! Just wanted to share that.