PDA

View Full Version : Correct Carter bandsaw blade guide for Rikon 10-305

James Nugnes
01-13-2013, 4:06 PM
While there are numerous threads about using the Carter bladesaw blade stabilizer on the Rikon 10-300 and 10-305 bandsaws, there is no mention in any of them of the correct Carter stabilizer part number to fit the 10-305. Now Carter only offers a generic stabilizer for 10" bandsaws claiming that they will fit most of them if they have 5/16" shafts. The shaft size is not listed at Rikon's web site either in the specs nor in the parts list nor in the instruction manual.

So the question is:
Does the STD2, Carter bandsaw blade stabilizer, the only Carter part number that appears to be made for 10" bandsaws regardless of make fit the Rikon 10-305?

Maybe the more appropriate question is the size of the shaft on the 10-305. Does anybody know if the shaft on the 10-305 is a 5/16" shaft as that would appear to be sufficient to answer the question regarding the STD2 blade guide?

Dan Rude
01-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Just give them a call, I have the Sears Professional 14" and picked mine up at a woodworking show. I received the wrong ones in the order and thought the scroll guide was the wrong one. They made sure I had the correct one with my model and shipped me the correct ones. Then gave me a shipping return label, since it was their mistake.
They work great and just introduced my daughter and son to the band saw with the scroll saw guide for makeing their Pine Wood derby cars. I am impressed with it and my daughter is already cutting out horses with it.
Dan

Gus Dundon
01-14-2013, 4:06 PM
The best way to solve your problem is give the company a call. I'm sure they can help you out on that. Sometimes, it's really hard to find parts for your band saw that will match with your band saw model.