PDA

View Full Version : Smart phone cover designs

Mohammed Issa
01-13-2013, 3:17 PM
hey everyone,

ive been searching around looking for designs for iphone cases. i found this website that offers the cases already engraved:

grovemade.com/product/iphone-5-case/#propapanda-bamboo-iphone-5-case

but im looking for the designs themselves. i just cant find a good source for these cool vectors and graphics.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martin Boekers
01-13-2013, 3:43 PM
Have you found a whosaler on the wood cases? I haven't had much luck on that...

Mohammed Issa
01-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Martin

we actually have a few options for wholesalers. it depends on how much your willing to spend per unit.
if your looking for high quality bamboo covers, then go with grovemade.com they are very nice units, they are not cheap, they offer wholesale pricing (which i did not check into) but i know one 'plain' cover retails for around $79+ . but you might get a good deal if your looking to get a big order from them.

i am able to buy them retail on ebay for around $10. you can get better than that with wholesale.

i also have a source in china, they sent me a couple of cases, their actually very nice. they will cost me $6 a pop (without shipping) and the minimum order quantity is around 200.

brian fithian
01-13-2013, 11:26 PM
You can get them for about $5--$9 each but you will have to order them from china. I think the people i dealt with was www.kingphones.com. If you cant find anything with that info let me know and ill try to narrow it down

Mike Null
01-14-2013, 6:54 AM
Several of the patterns look to be straight out of Post Scripts fills in CorelDraw. The are also textures and fills available within Corel and with just a little creativity you can make some of your own designs that will more than suffice.

Don't overlook personalizing as an option as well.

Mohammed Issa
01-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Several of the patterns look to be straight out of Post Scripts fills in CorelDraw. The are also textures and fills available within Corel and with just a little creativity you can make some of your own designs that will more than suffice.

Don't overlook personalizing as an option as well.

hey mike,

ill look into the post scripts your talking about on CD. i might get back to you with more questions about it though.

im not really overlooking personalizations, but i just want to give the customer some options. some people just dont know what to put on their cover and it will help them to give them some options.

Mike Null
01-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Here are some examples of fill options within the fill tools in Corel.

Martin Boekers
01-14-2013, 2:07 PM
I was hoping someone had them stateside, and in smaller quantities. I think they are neat and would be fun,
but I would have a limited market for them.

Steve Clarkson
01-14-2013, 5:26 PM
Mike......do you know if there is a way to convert a postscript fill to a vector pattern?

Mike Null
01-14-2013, 6:30 PM
Steve

Save it as a pdf then open it in CD.

Steve Clarkson
01-14-2013, 7:22 PM
It worked! Thanks Mike!

AL Ursich
01-14-2013, 8:40 PM
I was surprised to see JDS had them for Sublmation.... Had not seen that before..

Mohammed Issa
01-15-2013, 2:49 PM
thank you all for your comments. i still cant find what i am looking for. Mike, your right about CD creating vectors, but im looking at the designs as well that you can see on the grovemade.com website. take a look at the designs below.

im sure someone out there is trying to sell a package or something that has these types of cool designs.

i have already gone to www.freedxf.com and found lots of cool designs, but most of them are nature related and that website doesnt have much of a variety.

anymore help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again guys,

Khalid Nazim
01-15-2013, 8:33 PM
I actually contacted one of the artist whose designs are used by Grove on their iPhone covers. He is a Japanese fellow living between LA and Tokyo. Unfortunately he could not work with me as he was under contract (for a period of time) before he could collaborate with someone doing similar business like Grove. These are high quality original designs which I don't think you can just find on the internet. This quality of work would require collaboration with an artist which means revenue sharing or paying quite a bit for artwork.

Regards
KN

Jiten Patel
01-16-2013, 5:52 AM
Khalid,

Not entirely true. There are great artist's all over the world. Some command massive price tags, whereas in some developing countries, great talent only needs a few pounds (dollars) to get you some incredible work. Maybe look into contacting artists in India/China and see if they can help. Naturally getting a waiver signed which states all artwork is yours to use as you please once you have paid the artist.

I have never used such a service as I do all of our artwork, but that "guy/gal" does exist, just need to find them.

Mike Null
01-17-2013, 6:27 AM
Mohammed

Here's another option. Go to Tagxedo.com and do these free.

Jiten Patel
01-17-2013, 6:53 AM
Mike, that is incredible. Cannot wait to get my laser and use this tool Great find.

Mike Null
01-17-2013, 9:37 AM
Jit

Glad you like it. It's pretty mundane next to your beautiful work.

Jiten Patel
01-18-2013, 7:27 AM
Absolutely not - wait until I get some time to play around with it - got a million ideas!!!