PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw

Bernie Weishapl
04-29-2005, 7:09 PM
Well decided to go with the Delta 10" bandsaw for the shop. It fits on the bench or on a stand. It has a 7 inch resaw. I went and looked at one in Burlington, Colo. Monday night. He cut some 5 1/2" oak with no problem. So I ordered it plus a 1/2" Woodslicer 3 tpi blade, a 1/4" 6 tpi and a 3/16" 10 tpi. I figured most of the stuff I build uses wood no wider than my 6 1/8" jointer so 7" resaw should be good. Thanks for all your help.

Bernie

Jeff Sudmeier
04-29-2005, 8:45 PM
Congrats on your new saw! I am sure it will be very handy for you.

Be sure to let us know how you like it, once you have been able to put it through its paces.

Bernie Weishapl
04-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks Jeff. I am excited about it. The gentleman that showed me his, makes small furniture. He resaws 2" X 6" oak, cherry, maple, etc. all the time. He said it is not the big machine but he said the blade is the real difference. He told me to buy Woodslicer and get their general purpose blades made by Diamond. He says they work well and last a good long time. He also does his scroll work on it with a 1/16" and 1/8" blades. He said he has never had a scrollsaw.

So how is your big saw doing? Have you had time to use it? Didn't you also get a big jointer? Let us know how that goes.

Bernie

David Fried
04-29-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm impressed by the seven inches. My 14 inch Delta only has a little over six. I think you'll be able to do a lot with that little saw. Enjoy!!!

Don Bergren
04-30-2005, 6:01 PM
I have the prior version of that saw and it's worked really well for me. I'm constantly amazed by how often I use it. Good blades are the key! You'll be happy with it.

Bernie Weishapl
04-30-2005, 6:33 PM
What kind of blades did you use Don? He told me for resaw the woodslicer was second to none. He said he used general purpose blades made by diamond. I have also had more than one tell me to get the timberwolf blades. I have seen reveiws on them and have been top notch. Just curious. Thanks again to all.

Bernie

Don Bergren
05-01-2005, 12:10 PM
I went with the Wood Slicer too. I don't do a lot of resawing but the Wood Slicer works fine for my needs. And because I could get all the blades from one place for one freight charge I also ordered the 1/4" and 3/8" Diamond made blades at the same time from Highland Hardware. Being in East Overshoe, Maine I try to order enough to last awhile.

I've also used Olsen brand for general shop stuff and it's worked quite well.

I tend to leave the 3/8" blade on for most of the general cutting that I do.

Bernie Weishapl
05-01-2005, 3:17 PM
Thanks Don. I will order probably tomorrow. I will get the 1/2" X 3 tpi woodslicer and a 3/8" plus the 1/4". I think the 1/4" X 6 tpi and 3/8" X 10 tpi should do for now. I would like to try the Olson and also the Timberwolf which I have heard is excellent. Anyway Timberwolf was rated right behind Woodslicer. So may try one or two of them. Thanks again Don for the info.

Bernie