PDA

View Full Version : Does any on have the Toughbuilt C420 sawhorses?????

Bill Huber
01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
I saw these on another forum and I really like the look of them. The size would be great for the garage or on a job site, but sometimes things look a lot better on You tube then they really are.
I would like to get so feed back from anyone that has them and just how good they really are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHuWGXHacaY

Jerry Bruette
01-13-2013, 11:33 AM
I bought a pair of toughbuilt horses when I started building my cabin and mostly like them. I don't have the adjustable leg ones, IIRC they didn't go high enough for the outfeed of my table saw.

Only thing I don't like is the pad on top of the horse and the handle can be stubborn when trying to lay it flat.

The pocket feature is really nice and I've used to make tables for cutting soffit, siding, sheathing, and foam insulation. They fold nice and flat and take little space for storage.

Jerry

James Brown
01-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi,

I have a pair of these, and I love them ... particularly the individually adjustable legs. Everything's as sturdy as I'd want sawhorses to be. Unlike my homemade ones, though, I worry a lot about running the circ saw across them. A replaceable, sacifricial top would make them just about perfect.

Edit: ditto Jerry re the handles.

Jim Brown

Bill Huber
01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks, I think I will order a set, the stability is the main thing I was worried about and it sound like it is good. With the 2x4s installed I think that would be really nice for a work table for big stuff.

Don Williams Michigan
01-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Bill,

I have a set and think they are a very good solution. They are very stable when being used. My only complaint is they are pretty heavy.

Jerry Bruette
01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi,

I have a pair of these, and I love them ... particularly the individually adjustable legs. Everything's as sturdy as I'd want sawhorses to be. Unlike my homemade ones, though, I worry a lot about running the circ saw across them. A replaceable, sacifricial top would make them just about perfect.

Edit: ditto Jerry re the handles.

Jim Brown

Don't worry about running your circ saw across them, mine still work after my brother ran his saw across mine.:eek:

Bill Huber
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Bill,

I have a set and think they are a very good solution. They are very stable when being used. My only complaint is they are pretty heavy.

I don't think that will be a problem for me, I will use them to cut sheet goods, I just hate getting down on the floor to cut them. I have some of the plastic ones but they do not adjust for height and I am just not that happy with them.
Thanks.

Dan Rude
01-13-2013, 4:39 PM
I have a set too. I really like the height ajustability. They are very stable, but are heavy. Menards has regular sales on them.
Dan