PDA

View Full Version : Gallery

David Brightwell
01-13-2013, 9:25 AM
I'm new to SMC. Its there an photo galleries on here? I love seeing all the pictures of finished projects but didn't know if there was a location where they are compiled.

Steve Schlumpf
01-13-2013, 10:19 AM
David - Welcome to the Creek! Unfortunately, there is no easy way to see all the galleries. Used to be that you could just click on the name in a post and one of the options you had was to go to that person's gallery. Looks like that was probably some special code that got lost in the last software upgrade.

For your info, galleries can only be created by Contributors (for info on Contributors, just click the 'Donate' button at the top of the page) and the only way you can find out if they have a gallery is to go to their personal profile page and scan the left side column. You can do that by clicking on the Contributor's name and selecting personal profile from the drop-down menu. If they created a gallery (not all contributors have), it will be listed there.

David Brightwell
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks Steve, that was most informative. Have a great day.

Keith Outten
01-13-2013, 11:31 AM
David,

Honestly the best way to see all of the pictures here is to purchase our DVD's (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?184377-SawMill-Creek-File-Attachment-Archives-Volume-3-For-Sale). There are over 155,000 pictures and file attachments here not including 2012 which we will make available in another month or so. It would take you about 775 hours to look at every picture here if you viewed them for 3 seconds each, thats the first nine years.

In the meantime I will look into the possibility of creating a list of Member galleries but it will take awhile before I can get this done.