PDA

View Full Version : Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink!!!

Louis Bois
04-29-2005, 4:05 PM
Hello all,

Just a gentle reminder for those of you that have basement workshops...KEEP ALL YOUR STUFF OFF THE FLOOR!!!!!!

My water heater/tank just decided to void it's contents onto the basement floor. Fortunately for me, most of my tailed toolies are on wheels and my hand tools are mostly on shelves or hanging on the wall.

...some of my wood wasn't so lucky :( as I was in the process of building a storage rack on one of the walls. I lost a few board feet of european beech...remnants from my new workbench...speaking of which, only one of the legs suffered a minor splash and I was able to get to it quickly enough to save it. WHEW!

I'm in the process of ripping up sopping wet carpet...15 years old or so...and the underpad has disitegrated! I don't have to tell you how messy that is...

So be warned...procrastination is a nasty thing...and hindsight is definitely a poor substitute for wisdom!!!

Cheers,

Louis

Jeff Sudmeier
04-29-2005, 4:14 PM
Lois, sorry to hear of your water heater deciding to crap out on you! I am glad that your tools are safe!

Good luck in the clean up.

Alan Turner
04-29-2005, 4:17 PM
My basement floods (1/2"or so max because of sump pump) about 6 times a year, and so the accomodation is always in place. But I still hate it. Sorry for your misfortune.