PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Harry Robinette
01-12-2013, 6:44 PM
Well one of are newer Creekers Tom Prusak came to my shop today and had a great time. After an emergency to start his day he got here about 2:30 and we just talked turning and tools for the next almost 4hrs. I gave him a chunk of Tulip wood and a 3ft piece of paper bark birch. He's coming back in a couple weeks for a longer and more informative visit. I'm going to run him through a bowl turning class to get him started. We forgot a picture so he came back in the house and we took this shot,he even know the no picture never happened rule.250897Can't wait for him to come back I had a really good time.

George Bokros
01-12-2013, 7:36 PM
Harry,

I am almost a neighbor, I live in Streetsboro. What WW are you into? It sounds like you are into turning, that is something I enjoyed doing in high school. I do not have a lathe but have most of the usual stationary tools.

George

Harry Robinette
01-12-2013, 9:18 PM
I turn. I don't do hardly any flat work anymore except for the LOML .

Bernie Weishapl
01-12-2013, 9:23 PM
Sounds like a great visit. Creeker visits are always the best.

Dick Mahany
01-12-2013, 9:35 PM
Nice story. That smile says it all! Creekers be good folk.

Kathy Marshall
01-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Looks like you both had a good time! Creeker visits are the best!

Harry Robinette
01-13-2013, 10:49 PM
It was a very good time and Tom's coming back for another round. It's nice to actually set down and talk to the people that you normally only get to type a couple lines to. Tom was here for almost 4hrs and it seemed like maybe an hour, time fly's when your turning for fun.

John W Dixon
01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a good time. Don't forget pictures of the bowl turning next time.

Mike Cruz
01-14-2013, 2:46 PM
Harry, sounds like you two had a great time! Glad to hear it, and thanks for sharing. I did make an observation, though... Are you wearing the same shirt, pants, and belt as in your avatar? :D

Harry Robinette
01-14-2013, 8:12 PM
Mike
My wife calls it my retirement uniform, I wear jeans and gray T shirts with a pocket all the time. I found that gray T shirts don't show wood chips and dust very badly. So same thing just different ones. I guess after 20yrs of military uniforms has me in rut.

Mike Cruz
01-14-2013, 8:33 PM
You have to admit, Harry, it is a bit funny.

But I'd be the pot calling the kettle black if I had never been at a party and someone pulls out the pack of pictures of the last time we got together...and there I am in the same shirt, tie, whatever. :o Thing is, I don't wear suits and ties and slacks and jackets anymore...except for holidays, weddings, and funnerals. And I'm not fond of dressing up. While my dress up wardrobe isn't TOO limited, I have my favorites...and those are the ones that get worn the most. It just causes incidents for a good laugh on occasion. :)