PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!! universal engraver table stuck

fred sanchez
01-12-2013, 6:09 PM
help!!! i have a universal vls360 and my engraving table is stuck at its bottom position cant raise it. any ideas

Scott Shepherd
01-12-2013, 6:30 PM
Turn the power off, grab the lead screw with your hand and crank it up 1" or so. Then remove hands and turn it back on. It's just gotten below the sensor some how. Not a big deal and nothing major.

Tucker Alford
01-13-2013, 5:34 PM
Another possible issue is the electrical connection to the table motor. The connector shorts out, disconnect and look for black burn marks. All of my lasers have had this issue after three to five years of regular use. Universal sells a repair, but they short out at the same frequency.

AL Ursich
01-13-2013, 9:17 PM
This is just a WAG.... Wild AL Guess... Any chance the laser has a Auto Focus Plunger jammed...

Don't even know if it has one... But I have seen that posted more than once....

AL

Scott Shepherd
01-13-2013, 9:31 PM
This is just a WAG.... Wild AL Guess... Any chance the laser has a Auto Focus Plunger jammed...

Don't even know if it has one... But I have seen that posted more than once....

AL

Al, it doesn't have that. The Universal's have a programmable Z-Axis, so you just tell it the thickness of the material and the table moves to the right spot. Doesn't need to autofocus with a plunger each time. The table knows where it is at all times and can be mapped to move to various Z levels with different colors, on the same job.

Shannon Bruce
01-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I had this problem with my Universal M-300 not long ago. I called Tech Support and they walked me through reprogramming the Z position. The cause was the table being so low it lost sight with the top aligning sensor, therefore it assumed it was as far up as it could go. I don't remember the exact steps, but Tech Support was extremely helpful and it only took about 10 minutes.

fred sanchez
01-16-2013, 11:50 PM
thanks for the help guys fixed it