PDA

View Full Version : Green & Yellow Gloat!

Kurt Aebi
04-29-2005, 3:15 PM
Home Depot just opened in Claremont, NH on Wed. Night, which was also the last day of the buy now, don't have to pay until Jan 2006 promo. Well I went to the special "Community Day" promotion and picked up a John Deere riding mower, the L111, 20 HP Hydrostatic drive unit. It is my first "Green" Machine, but after running it some, I would definitely recommend one to anyone. It is replacing a 14HP Murray that I got at Wally-World back in 1994 - what a difference in quality and just about everything else, for that matter!

Jeff Sudmeier
04-29-2005, 3:38 PM
Kurt,

Congrats on the Green and Gold! They are my favorite colors (Wisconsin).

I am sure it will serve you well for years to come!

Gary Max
04-29-2005, 5:25 PM
Kurk--- I really need to do the same thing. My Deere is only 23 years old and is starting to show the wear.
I did spent $75.00 on getting a tune-up and carb rebuild this year.
Hope that gives me a few more years.
Enjoy your new Tool

Karl Laustrup
04-29-2005, 9:47 PM
Kurt, congrats on the JD. Now if you get a couple of hats, shirts etc. you'll be all set.

Just remember, "NOTHING RUNS LIKE A "DEERE".

Boyd Gathwright
04-30-2005, 2:48 PM
Hi Kurt,

.... Congrats on the NEW "GREEN and YELLOW" glote, looks real nice :).

Boyd

Home Depot just opened in Claremont, NH on Wed. Night, which was also the last day of the buy now, don't have to pay until Jan 2006 promo. Well I went to the special "Community Day" promotion and picked up a John Deere riding mower, the L111, 20 HP Hydrostatic drive unit. It is my first "Green" Machine, but after running it some, I would definitely recommend one to anyone. It is replacing a 14HP Murray that I got at Wally-World back in 1994 - what a difference in quality and just about everything else, for that matter!

Ken Garlock
04-30-2005, 7:08 PM
Nice looking tractor, Kurt. I offer one caution however.

It seems that a farmer was always getting his animals shot the first day of the hunting season. In desperation, he took a bucket of bright yellow paint and proceeded to paint each cow on the side with COW, the horses with HORSE, and so on for the sheep and goats. So wouldn't you know that on the first day of hunting season, he found his John Deere tractor shot full of holes. :eek:

John Shuk
04-30-2005, 8:14 PM
I have the same machine but in orange with the Scotts name on it. I keep saying that it was the best investment I have made for my house.