PDA

View Full Version : Rotatry Attachment problems - Help!!

Steve Kelsey
01-12-2013, 9:00 AM
I started up to run a few hundred wine glasses this AM and my laser is not recognizing the rotary attachment is installed.

I have an 40W Epliog mini 24 and the rotary attachment was purchased from Epliog. Before when I powered on the laser with the attachment installed, the laser would automatically detect the attachment and reset the home position as well as turn the attachment instead of moving the head. Now, it is not resetting the home and is advancing the laser head instead of turning the attachment.

I have been extremely careful about not installing, removing the attachment with power to the system.

Does anyone know what I might try to get this resolved without waiting till later to contact Epilog?

David Rust
01-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Steve,
All the basic troubleshooting...
1. Check the wire harness for condition
2. Remove rotary from machine and run a test job without the rotary
3. Turn machine off
4. Check rotary contacts for damage, do the contacts look clean, try pluging/unplugging a few cycles to makes sure the electrical contact is made, check for contact "tightness"
5. Turn the rotary motor by hand a couple of turns (at the belt)
6. Power up the machine

Hopefully you just have a bad connection... if not you'll need to call Epilog for their advice...

Where are you located?

Chuck Stone
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
any bent pins in the plug? Wires pulling loose? Any crud get into the connector?
(might need a mirror and flashlight to check that one) Check the molex connectors
for any of the pins pulling back out of the connector. There are different types of
rotary attachments out there, but I think on yours there is a male connector that
plugs in up on the back wall as well as a plug on the motor. Check both male and
female connectors of both

Brian Terry
01-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Do you have the box in the engraving field in corel checked that asked if rotary is attached?