PDA

View Full Version : Delta Promotional Coupon Book?

Bill Lewis
04-29-2005, 2:43 PM
X5 purchasers,
Just wondering if any of you out there have received yours? I got my free tool, and my other $100 rebate, but no coupon book yet. I won't know if I care at all until I get it, but it's a no-show. :confused:

I've been trying to avoid the shop lately. The last time I talked to my dealer they told me that the mobil bases won't be in until mid-May. So I gotta hold off for another month until it shows, and I can start assembling/using my unisaw. Really frustrating waiting. :mad:

John Shuk
04-29-2005, 9:51 PM
Bill,
I'm right there with you. My wife is busting my chops too. Wants to know when I'm going to get that expensive hunk of iron out of the garage. I would like my coupons though. Like you said!

Simon OConnor
04-29-2005, 10:24 PM
From what I remember, I got my X5 unisaw about 6 or 7 months ago, there was a box you are supposed to tick on the rebate form to get your coupon book. I got mine, but it was nothing spectactular.

Frank Pellow
04-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I bought three X5 machines (a drill press, a jointer, and a planer) in January and got coupon books for every one of them. That might sound good, but I did not find any of the coupons to be of use. I anyone would like them, I would be happy to mail them a set. Just send me private email with your mailing address.

About the freebes:

-the jointer mobile base came in 11 weeks

-the planer mobile base came in 6 weeks

-they don't have a mobile base for the drill press, so I opted for a PC router. It came in 5 weeks.

Simon OConnor
04-30-2005, 11:01 AM
If you call up the promotional center, no 1-800 number though, and talk to them directly, you can fax in your claim. Shaves a few weeks of the wait time. I got my X5 base in about 2-3 weeks. I don't have the number but it is listed on the form somewhere, and I think maybe even on the website for rebate questions.

Bill Lewis
04-30-2005, 11:31 AM
So it sounds like the coupon book is pretty much what I expected. I was hopig for some light reading til my MB for the saw gets here.

BTW, The other rebates were really fast. I think 10 days to get the router (see previous gloat post).

I know I have been bemoaning the mobil base issue for some time now, let me give out some background information on this. Maybe some advise to any future tool buyers.

Back in February, I purchased the saw at a local show (Chantilly VA). They had the best price, and were also including the mobil base with the deal. So I was able to use the free tool promotion to get the router instead. They also offered free (local) delivery. Well since I didn't have the truck with me, I figured that would be fine. They said it'd take about a week to schedule the deliveries after the show. Well being that it was close to the end of the promotional period, they oversold the saws at the show. I called after about a week or 10 days, to be told that the saws were back ordered. After almost 4 weeks I was able to get the saw delivered, but no base. After my most recent call they were told by the Delta rep that it'd be about mid-May because of some suppiler changes (china built, not american made). They indicated it was because of the B&D buyout. I'll call the local dealer in a couple of weeks to see if they have gotten their shipment (some 800 bases I was told).

My thoughts on this:
I guess I could call Delta on this and complain, but I doubt it'll get me anywhere. Though, if I don't see my base by the third week of May, I will have no shoice but to start making noise.
In the future, I'll take everything I can possibly take with me from show purchases.
I hope the quality of the mobil base doesn't suffer from being chinese built. My old MB for my CS was really nice, very well made with the "American made" stickers on it.

John Shuk
05-02-2005, 4:31 PM
My package came today 5/02. I hope everyone elses comes soon as well.
John

John Shuk
05-02-2005, 5:10 PM
I opened my box and there was no coupon book. I happen to know that there is a coupon whichs gives a $7.00 rebate on Bessey K body clamps. I bought a bunch in anticipation of this and now I want my coupon. I called Delta and they are looking into sending me the book. By the way my mobile base has a MADE IN USA sticker on it. That makes me pretty happy. It seems pretty robust.