PDA

View Full Version : early bird gets the worm

Michael Weber
01-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Pretty unhappy with myself at the moment. I've been looking for a used, affordable cabinet saw within a driveable distance for years. Opened Craigslist around 8pm and saw THE DEAL about 100 miles from me. Posting had been made just an hour or so before I saw it. I knew at that price it would be gone really quick. There was no phone number so I did the Craigslist email thing, telling the seller I would buy the saw and please reply and I could come immediately to get it. Also, included my cell number. He did not reply that night, so I went to bed thinking to check my email immediately on awakening. Normally, I get up around 6:30 am or so but for some reason slept late enough that I didn't have much time to get to work. Checked my email immediately on arriving at work and there was a reply with a number to call after 7 am. So, it's about 7:45 now and I immediately call. Turns out the guy had just gotten off the phone with another buyer minutes before that lived an additional 100 miles away (Tulsa). Blast my lazy bones! No point really in telling this, just trying to make myself feel better but so far i'ts not working. Blast! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

Myk Rian
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Ever visit OWWM.org ?
What we do there is provide shipping from far parts of the country, to other far parts via a Rucker.
There's a project Unisaw listed in Chicago that could eventually be in your shop.
Other than that, keep looking. If you have a smartphone, there are Craigslist apps that will search wherever you tell it to, for whatever you are looking for.
I use this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=craigs.pro.plus&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNyYWlnc y5wcm8ucGx1cyJd

Raymond Fries
01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Sorry you missed it!
Maybe you will get lucky and find a better deal for less. That is what happened to me some time back. I missed a Jet xacta 15 minutes from my home. Couple of months later I got a Jet xacta in same condition for a better price but had to drive 4 hours to get it. With all in costs considered it was less money; I just had to spend more time for the road trip. I even got to visit my brother on the way.
Remain positive; you will find one.
Positive energy attracts positive energy.
Take Care