PDA

View Full Version : newest tool...

Russell Eaton
01-10-2013, 8:56 PM
This is the last upgrade for the chainsaws. It is 118.8 cc of WOW! I got it used for a decent price, a little less than half price. I went on Baileys and ordered a 42" bar with a couple of skip tooth blades. They will be in next week. I have a Stilth 391 and a smaller Husqvarna for the light work. Thanks for looking. Russell

Ryan Baker
01-10-2013, 9:29 PM
WOOOOOWWW!!!

That's some serious saw you have there! If you can't cut it with that monster you don't need it! Congrats!

Bernie Weishapl
01-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Wow!! You are ready for some serious cutting.

Richard Coers
01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
I've had that saw with a 36" bar for several years. Bought it when I was cutting up big urban timber. Set the bucking teeth, and pull with both hands as hard as you can when you are bucking to length. It'll really eat, and the sound is fantastic. It sounds just like a dirt bike. Get an extra air filter if you do a lot of cutting. It takes a ton of air to run that size engine, and the filter is small. On a short day the filter is okay, but if you get a ripping chain and slab with it, the other filter is essential. I blow out the filter at home, and just keep rotating them. I also run mine about 2/3 throttle nearly all the time. The skip tooth chain seems to get a better bite at that speed, and the chains stay sharper longer. It just seems happier than when it's wide open. It'll drink the gas, and the tank is about twice the size of my Stihl. It'll bring a smile to your face, but then a pain to your back. I turned 60 last year, and I can only run it for about 45 minutes at a time now. But it'll cut a lot of timber in 45 minutes.

Russell Eaton
01-11-2013, 7:12 AM
Richard I take my hat off to you sir. At 45 I'm not sure how long I could run that beast. I mainly go it to slab bowl blanks on logs too small for the loading arms of the sawmill.

Steve Busey
01-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Looks like you have about very way known to man for cutting up wood!

Let me know if you ever come up with some walnut logs. I'd like to get some blanks from you.

Russell Eaton
01-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Steve I cut up a walnut about a week ago that was 32" on the small end. Just let me know what you need.

Michael Gibson
01-12-2013, 9:27 AM
Russell you won't need your mill with that chainsaw. :)

Baxter Smith
01-12-2013, 5:34 PM
If you can't get the log to the mill, it looks like you can get the mill to the log!