PDA

View Full Version : Tired of shoveling snow?

Mike Cruz
01-10-2013, 8:03 PM
Check this baby out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA

Rich Riddle
01-10-2013, 8:26 PM
Interesting. You get snow in the mountains of Western Maryland so this might come in handy. I have a track Honda 828 thrower that can make short work of most snow. It was needed two winters ago in this area, but tomorrow will be near sixty degrees. It won't work by remote control like that one though, but it's more affordable than that option. So far, it's been too little snow to fire this one up, but I am hoping it sees action this winter.

Mike Cruz
01-10-2013, 9:09 PM
Interesting thrower, Rich. Actually, I have a Cub Cadet with wheels (not tracks). I haven't had to use it too much, but what I have thrown at it (or should I say that what I've had it throw) was handled well. Not sure I'd need the tracks, but seems like a good idea... Like you, mine hasn't seen actiion this year (or last).

This remote unit just seemed...cool. Not sure how much it is, but it wouldn't really work here on my properting anyway. Quarter mile gravel drive. Probably not the best unit for me... Cool though!

Rich Riddle
01-10-2013, 9:32 PM
Mike,

I really liked the remote control a lot. The thing seemed to buzz down the sidewalk quite fast. With the control in my hand it would be an accident or accidents waiting to happen. I used to crash a remote controlled car on a regular basis and that was a younger version with quicker reflexes.

Mike Cruz
01-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Hehe, I hear ya, Rich...

Eric DeSilva
01-11-2013, 8:25 AM
That looks like fun.

I still think the ultimate snow removal system was what I saw in Beaver Creek, CO from the ski lifts. The houses there were equipped with driveways that had heaters--probably electric?--that just melted the snow as it hit. In the middle of a fairly dense snowstorm you could see steam coming off the driveways, which were clear and bone dry.

Rich Riddle
01-11-2013, 9:19 AM
That looks like fun.

I still think the ultimate snow removal system was what I saw in Beaver Creek, CO from the ski lifts. The houses there were equipped with driveways that had heaters--probably electric?--that just melted the snow as it hit. In the middle of a fairly dense snowstorm you could see steam coming off the driveways, which were clear and bone dry.That almost sounds like a larger version of heated tile floors. Sounds great but it wouldn't be fun if one of the elements burned out? Do you think it was done with water pipes in the concrete or electric?

Ed Barnes
01-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Check this baby out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA

That is cool. Now all it needs is proximity sensors, GPS and auto-steer. :cool:

Mike Hollingsworth
01-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I'd rather pay the 1% lumber tax.

Kevin Bourque
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
What would we do without nerds?

Eric DeSilva
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
I was guessing electric. Given how cold it can get, I'd worry about a hydro system still freezing--that would be a mess.

Keith Outten
01-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the video, as I was watching I was thinking how innovative people can be knowing that someone was probably setting in a Lazy Boy recliner in their living room plowing the drive and sidewalks :) The garage was almost as good, at least the guy had an automatic garage door opener to let his battery powered pet in and out :)

Joe Angrisani
01-11-2013, 1:07 PM
That's nothing. Check THIS baby out!

Advanced FRP frame, injection molding, metallic scraper plate, ergonomic controls. The list goes on.....

Eduard Nemirovsky
01-11-2013, 1:31 PM
I have the same snow blower as Rich, bought it after big snow storm 4 years ago. Never seen big snow after :eek:. If I would have this nice machine at my disposal, probably it will be a local "Global warming":D in my area for next 15 years.
Ed.

Mike Cruz
01-11-2013, 1:31 PM
Yeah, but how many horse power behind that baby? ;)

Mike Cruz
01-11-2013, 1:33 PM
Weather patterns are in a three year cycle around here, Eduard. We're in the second of a warm winter spell. You'll have one more mild winter, then that toy of yours will get a workout...

Joe Angrisani
01-11-2013, 1:58 PM
Yeah, but how many horse power behind that baby? ;)

I've had the flu this week, so I'd put it at about one hoarse.

Myk Rian
01-11-2013, 5:09 PM
Now, did that thing REALLY make that huge snow pile?

Mike Cruz
01-11-2013, 6:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. 3" of snow will pile up quickly. Now, in a foot of snow, it might have some more troubles. Not to mention, a really wet 6" snow...

Myk Rian
01-11-2013, 9:03 PM
You really think it made this pile of snow? It would have to climb it, and I see no tracks up the pile.

Mike Cruz
01-11-2013, 9:39 PM
I'm saying it might be able to. I don't know either way. My guess would be that the outter layer would have snow that fell back down, so to speak...covering the tracks. But it might be a farse...