PDA

View Full Version : problems lasering photo on laser sketch absolute black

brian fithian
01-10-2013, 6:25 PM
its been a while since i have lasered a photo on marble. I have an epilog mini 24, 40W. I used 40 power and 100 Speed. Looking at the photo straight it looks almost like a negative. If you tilt it a little it looks great. Can any one help. I only have 2 more left and one of them has to turn out.

Frank Corker
01-10-2013, 6:38 PM
If it's looking like a negative straight on then you definitely have the wrong polarity. You confirm it when you say that you tilt it the picture is right, that's because with the tilt and light you seeing correctly.

Frank Corker
01-10-2013, 6:46 PM
As an added point. If the image has been processed through photograv and you have selected black marble it will automatically save the file as a negative for printing with the laser. An area to check is when you press print in Corel, go to the tab marked 'prepress' if the INVERT is selected there this might be what is resetting the image (see the attached)

brian fithian
01-10-2013, 7:35 PM
I am using engravelab photolaser plus. So i dont print it through corel

Bill Cunningham
01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
photos must be a negative image to be etched onto anything black, also remember that laser sketch 'marble' is actually granite, and only requires a fraction of the power you would use on real marble

Frank Corker
01-11-2013, 7:33 AM
I am using engravelab photolaser plus. So i dont print it through corel

Well in view of no picture to look at and only what you have mentioned. Your image is in the wrong polarity.