PDA

View Full Version : OneWay Wolverine sharpening kit

Michael Mayo
01-09-2013, 10:12 PM
I ordered and received my OneWay Wolverine grinding jig kit yesterday. I got a chance to install it under my Delta variable speed grinder tonight. Pretty simple installation. It comes with a couple of safety guards that seem to mount under the grinding jig and I am wondering what they are used for? Also I did some initial grinding on some cheap lathe tools I had and the jig works perfectly but the stone that came with my Delta seems to be too coarse to be of any use. I didn't look at the grit rating on the stone but it is a white stone. I ordered some paper wheels from Woodcraft and I think those will be much better to use on the lathe tools and everything else frankly. It seems like the wheels that come with grinders really aren't any good for anything but the most rudimentary grinding jobs. For those of you that have the OneWay jig what type of wheels do you use? Specifically can you give me some manfacturers and model numbers to look at? I think this thing will be great. The flat tool rest alone is going to be awesome as the tools rests that came with the Delta grinder were useless and the screws stripped out almost immediately. The Wolverine tool rest and mounting system is rock solid and very easy to adjust and use.

Fred Belknap
01-10-2013, 9:20 AM
The only one I could recommend would be the D-Way cbn wheels, I bought one and then use the white wheel that came with my grinder on the other side. I almost never use the white wheel. I'm sure others will be along with more/better recommendations but this is all I have used. I like the Wolverine sharpening jig.

Dick Mahany
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I originally replaced my original Delta wheels with those softer, friable pink wheels made in Israel and sold by WC. Then I upgraded to a CBN wheel from D Way also. It is incredible. I bought the 180 grit wheel and it cost more than the grinder did. I still run the 80 grit pink wheel on one side and I'll switch it to CBN when it wears out.