PDA

View Full Version : I got me a Speedy 400.

Jiten Patel
01-08-2013, 4:07 PM
So after a lot, and I mean a lot of research trying to find a machine that would suit our needs, we finally settled for a Trotec Speedy 400.

We considered Chinese machines direct, Chinese machines from UK resellers, Chinese machines stripped down and rebuilt in the UK and all the main stream players. We were very close to getting a Chinese machine from a UK seller, but after seeing the Speedy 400, we were blown away. Is it worth the extra cost - we don't know but we will find out soon enough.

So we got;

80w CO2
Atmos Hepa Filtration system
New Job Control software
1.5" lens
2.0" lens
Vacuum honeycomb table
Cutting lamellas (both aluminium and acrylic)
Pass through doors
Air assist/red dot
Rotary attachment

There is a 3 month waiting list, but the lovely folks at Trotec are looking at lending me a s300 until the 400 arrives. Cannot wait....let the fun and games begin!

David Fairfield
01-08-2013, 4:23 PM
Nice! We want details, pictures and tell us all about it when you get it! :) I'm looking at one of those, too. Dave

Michael Kowalczyk
01-08-2013, 5:34 PM
Jit,
I am sure you will be pleased with the 400. Why did you go with 80 watts instead of 100 or 120? Just curious. Looking forward to seeing what you are able to with this one and what your findings are comparing the 400 to the Galvo. I know they are different systems but still would like to hear what you like and I know this is stretching it a bit but possibly dislike also between them.
Thanks and ...

Mike Null
01-08-2013, 6:21 PM
Jit

Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to love it. That's a bit too big for my needs but I've had a few occasions when it would have come in handy.

Scott Shepherd
01-08-2013, 7:37 PM
Congratulations Jit, that thing is a monster of a machine.

You said "We were very close to getting a Chinese machine from a UK seller, but after seeing the Speedy 400, we were blown away."

What is it that blew you away?

p.s. Welcome to the Trotec family :) New guy has to bring doughnuts every Monday, just so you know.

Dee Gallo
01-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Congrats, Jit! You are getting quite the arsenal there... there won't be anything you can't do soon!

Have fun, dee

Keith Outten
01-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Jit,

Congratulations on your new Trotec. The 400 is a real beauty, hope to hear all about your machine when it arrives.

Jiten Patel
01-09-2013, 4:12 AM
Thanks guys and gals. We have so many ideas which have been stockpiled over the years due to the limitations of the galvo.

Michael: 100-120w would be more that we need for a general purpose machine. We would need it to cut paper/card, wood and acrylic. Also need it to engrave with superior detail so the 80w was the best fit as an all rounder. Baby steps.....the next machine will be a bigger and badder'. We did some comparison test with files I cut with the galvo. With some simpler ones, the flat bed is comparable. Similar times. But on some of the more complex designs, the galvo takes 3-4 minutes with the 400 taking up to 14-18 minutes. Once I get my 100+w galvo, there will be no comparison. But we got the s400 not for speed, but for detail and versatility.

Mike: The only reason we went with the 400 as opposed to the 300 is it fits a standard sheet of A1 card which we outsource all the time and spend a fortune doing, so bringing it in house would save a nice chunk of change.

Scott: The 400 was much faster than the Chinese when engraving....the build quality is great, the software a doddle to use and there is no mechanical tinkering required. I know my machine inside out, but am new to carriage systems, so thought I would spend the extra this time around for the first round to learn the ropes and have my hand held. I am no engineer so I need it. Also, with regards to the doughnuts, I think you will find I was already part of the Trotec family....so I think you should treat me for my loyalty...and for being a nice guy! Can PM you my address, but may cost you a bit on shipping!

Thanks Dee and Keith, cannot wait to share pics once I am set up and running. Just moved to a new studio, but need more space already!

John Bion
01-09-2013, 5:17 AM
Congratulations Jit, we too look forward to seeing your pictures. Really pleased for you, regards, John

Dan Hintz
01-09-2013, 6:49 AM
Jit,

Trade ya my ULS for your Speedmarker :D

Khalid Nazim
01-09-2013, 1:29 PM
Congratulations Jit. Can't wait to see what you cook up with the new machine! :)

Walt Langhans
01-09-2013, 1:47 PM
That 3 month wait sucks, but it's very cool that they are going to let you use a 300! Nice move Trotec :)

Scott Shepherd
01-09-2013, 2:54 PM
Jit, you got me on that one :) PM the address and I'll send you a gallon of ice cream.

Michael Kowalczyk
01-10-2013, 1:24 AM
Here you go Scott. This may help you with your ice cream obligation.

http://www.connoser.co.uk/shop/categories/puddings-desserts/vanilla-ice-cream

Kim Vellore
01-10-2013, 3:54 PM
Congratulations Jit,
Hope you did not forget to ask for the SMC discount.

Kim

Chuck Stone
01-10-2013, 6:03 PM
Jit,

Trade ya my ULS for your Speedmarker :D

Trade ya my Mercury for your ULS :p

Jiten Patel
01-11-2013, 3:56 AM
Sounds like a good deal, tell you what, trade you my speedmarker for your ULS and the rest of your fancy gear and we will call it a deal!

Dan Hintz
01-11-2013, 1:51 PM
Okay, but you pay for shipping. We'll use my shipping and import company... I promise the extra fees won't be too terrible ;)

Guy Hilliard
03-22-2013, 10:34 AM
My 400 was inspected yesterday for its CSA sticker and is supposed to be delivered today!!!

Unfortunately it will not be installed until next week. It's going to be a loooonnnng weekend.

Thanks Jon