PDA

View Full Version : New cabinet scraper

FREDRICK MATAS
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
I just recieved my new Veritas Cabinet Scraper. I am a believer in buying new tools for your needs. Lee Velley hs never let me down regarding the quality of thier products. While I usually have to go through a learning period with a new tool, this time all I had to do was put a slight burr on the edge of the blade supplied by them and put it to work. WOW! It works incredably great! The finish it produces is everything I hoped it would be and more!
Ron Hock's book "the Perfect Edge" has been a god send for learning how to put a real edge on everything from plane blades to scrapers. This is truely a tool that is needed is any tool chest.

Chris Griggs
01-08-2013, 6:23 AM
Congrats Fredrick. Nothing like the "WOW" and satisfaction when a new tools performs exactly as you hoped and more. That's how they get ya! I love everyone of my LV tools. Welcome to the Creek!

Bill Rhodus
01-08-2013, 7:33 AM
I have used a Stanley 12 1/2 in my shop for some time and thought it did a very good job, however, I got a new Veritas scraper plane for christmas and learned differently. I set up the Veritas by the instructions and it immediately blew away the Stanley so I used the Veritas instructions to set up the Stanley but could not replicate the Stanley results. I began this comparison intending to keep the Stanley and sell the Veritas if there was not a significan improvement in the performance of the new plane but will now be selling the Stanley.