PDA

View Full Version : used Performax Sander: user info requested

Craig Behnke
01-07-2013, 1:23 PM
I have a chance to get a 5 year old performax 16-32 sander. it's on CL, about 5 yrs old, on a user made stand; not on the OEM stand. I think it can be had for about $450. If I was to grab it I would mount it to a flip top tool stand (space constraints), so I'm not overly concerned about the stand itself...BUT...is there anything super important about the stand that it's just not worth it to get it without that?

Any advice/input appreciated. Thanks.

George May
01-07-2013, 1:29 PM
Nope the stand is just a stand.

Alan Lightstone
01-07-2013, 1:34 PM
I never used mine. I might actually have mine around if you want to buy one cheap. It's sturdy, but certainly not mandatory.

Andrew Kertesz
01-07-2013, 6:42 PM
It seems like it would have to be a pretty large flip-top cabinet for that sander. I just bought one about the same age with OEM stand, optional infeed/outfeed tables, mobile base and several rolls of paper for not much more than that price. Actually got it from a fellow Creeker...

John Lifer
01-07-2013, 8:20 PM
Does it have the metal infeed and outfeed tables? And does it have the automatic speed reducer? (LED light near the variable speed knob) those two items make it worth the $450, other wise it is overpriced. Stand is nice but not worth that much.