PDA

View Full Version : I can't put it off any longer

Larry Whitlow
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
It is 9 am and I can't come up with any more excuses to put off the promised bathroom floor tile job any longer. Not a huge job. I have done several tile jobs in the past. My results are pretty good. It is just one of those things I don't enjoy doing. Kind of like going to the dentist - has to be done but I don't like it.

I guess I've done enough whining. I'm actually going to start the job now! If things go according to plan I'll be reinstalling the WC tomorrow.

Stephen Tashiro
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
It is 9 am and I can't come up with any more excuses to put off the promised bathroom floor tile job any longer.

Being of two minds about whether to do something brings twice the brain power to bear on a job.

Ole Anderson
01-07-2013, 1:43 PM
Tile is not my favorite job either. I am currently putting down about a thousand feet of Pergo in the basement as the final finishing touch. I do enjoy putting down laminate or cork planks, it goes rather quickly and it is like working with wood. I did my kitchen/dining area/foyer/mudroom close to 20 years ago in a tile that my wife never really liked. Now we are contemplating a kitchen redo and I am not looking forward to busting up that old tile.

Larry Whitlow
01-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Tile is not my favorite job either. I am currently putting down about a thousand feet of Pergo in the basement as the final finishing touch. I do enjoy putting down laminate or cork planks, it goes rather quickly and it is like working with wood. I did my kitchen/dining area/foyer/mudroom close to 20 years ago in a tile that my wife never really liked. Now we are contemplating a kitchen redo and I am not looking forward to busting up that old tile.

Last year I tore out about 800 sqft of tile and replaced it with Pergo. Removing the tile was a huge messy job. Fortunately I had a group of twenty-somethings to tackle that. I agree that installing the Pergo is quick and easy -- just a little hard on the knees after a while.

Ole Anderson
01-08-2013, 9:42 AM
I agree that installing the Pergo is quick and easy -- just a little hard on the knees after a while.

I'm in no hurry anymore, I just scooch around on my butt to save my knees.

Myk Rian
01-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I have to get myself prepped to do a job like tile. Kind of a mindset you need to get started, and ready to actually finish it.