PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Marine Force Graphic

William Noyer
01-06-2013, 9:56 PM
Hey all- I had searched for this for a project I had for a customer and couldn't find one I liked, even paying for it. So, I did it "old school" and traced it by hand. I am not they greatest tracer but the customer was happy, so that is all that mattered. Just thought I would share it so if anyone else needed it they could have it. I wasn't sure if there was a repository on here for shared graphics, so here it is. I will also include my test run of the project on a scrap piece of pine so you can see it engraved. I am going to do the final product on a piece of alder with walnut trim. I will post the finished product once the customer pays and I run it.

Bill
Well, I will share when I can figure out how to get the forum to let me attach it. It is only a 1mb file, but when I try to upload it it gives me an error that the file type is too large.

Mike Null
01-07-2013, 7:47 AM
Bill

Nice work. If it's a Corel file save it back to something like version 11 (that lets everybody open it) then in the advanced tab click on manage attachments and follow the prompts.

William Noyer
01-07-2013, 9:25 PM
Here it is in Corel Draw Version 11. If ya'll get a chance to look at it and see that I could have done something different or better, please let me know. It seems like I take forever when I don't have the graphic and I have to do a manual trace. Sometimes the live traces look great and then other times they come out like crap. But what can I say, I am still new to this whole thing and trying to get a good handle on it before I retire and start this business off full time.

Bill

Dee Gallo
01-07-2013, 9:47 PM
Bill, you did a great job on that hand drawing, I'm glad to see someone is not too intimidated to do it even when they don't feel like they are great at it. Your customer will love the real one, alder with walnut trim sounds beautiful.

cheers, dee

Mike Null
01-08-2013, 7:18 AM
Bill

That's impressive work and should allay any fear you might have of doing another difficult drawing.