PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Prices

Stephen Cherry
01-06-2013, 4:31 PM
Today I ventured out of the hermitage to get some power cord for my new used radial arm saw. First I went to the non-orange store and got the wire (10-4), not cheap but OK price. Then I go to get a 30 amp 4 conductor plug, and it was 40 dollars:eek:! It gave me a pretty bad vibe, so I paid for the wire and left.

Went to the orange store, and they had a 30 amp 4 conductor plug for 20 dollars:). I know that this is not a normal, consumer item, but double the price!!!

The moral of this story is that you need to check prices on the internet first. It's only 20 dollars, but I'm happier to have it in my pocked than theirs.

Dan Hintz
01-06-2013, 6:07 PM
I find the Blue store has a better selection of quality electrical stuff, but Orange usually beats them on price by a smidgeon... sounds like your smidgeon was a bit bigger than mine.

Stephen Cherry
01-06-2013, 6:46 PM
[QUOTE=Dan Hintz;2033327t Orange usually beats them on price by a smidgeon... sounds like your smidgeon was a bit bigger than mine.[/QUOTE]

Yea- I see that it's available online for about 14 dollars.

Lesson learned.

Steve Meliza
01-07-2013, 11:49 PM
My local Blue store is a joke when it comes to electrical where as the Orange store almost always has what I need. If they fail me I go to the Green store, Platt.