PDA

View Full Version : Festool TS 75 - which blade for ply & kerf size?

John Myers
01-05-2013, 1:24 PM
I just ordered a Festool TS 75 saw - get it in a few days. Initially I'm going to use it for cutting oak ply, but also have some melamine shelves that I need to take just a tad off. The saw comes with a 36-tooth universal blade. Is this a good blade for cutting ply? Do I even need to consider the 52-tooth blade? Do the kerf size of the two blades match?

Mike Cutler
01-05-2013, 2:48 PM
John

My TS 75 is relatively new to me, so take that into account.
Both blades have the same Kerf, the Panther blade does not, and from You tube videos, and online discussions, I understand that the kerfs were not always consistent.
I did purchase the 52 tooth blade for cabinet ply,and it leaves a beautiful edge, both sides. Others though have stated that the 36 tooth blade leaves a nice edge also.
The 52 tooth blade was on the shelf when I bought the saw, so I bought it, rather than having to make another 40 mile, one way trip, in the case that I needed it. I actually haven't even tried the 36 tooth blade yet. The 52 went on the saw as soon as I got it home.

I know I only sort of answered your questions. Hopefully others with more experience will chime in.

howard s hanger
01-05-2013, 3:44 PM
My 75 worked just beautifully right out of the systainer with the factory blade. I found using the outrigger splinter guard helps too. One thing to be careful of is when you tilt it over to cut 45 deg bevels. Remove the splinter guard or raise it all the way up or it will interfere with the saw running down the track. I found out the hard way and had to buy a new track because my saw wasn't sitting squarely on the rail and I didn't notice until it was too late. :mad: