PDA

View Full Version : Cherry cabinets

Sean Hughes
04-28-2005, 10:53 AM
I know I've said this before, but I'm really gonna get to them in the next couple of weeks. I am going to attempt to match up new cabinets to my existing cherry cabinets in the kitchen. They'll be two hanging cabinets together, each about two feet wide with a single glass panel door for each. I'll be doing face frames with the doors having about a 1/2" overhang. My question is, what plywood to use for the carcass. The cabinets will be used for some crystal my wife would like to display. I don't think the inside has do be as dark as the outside, but it should have a cherry "look" to it. Any suggestions?

Jeff Sudmeier
04-28-2005, 11:08 AM
I would look for Cherry plywood from a larger lumber supplier. The ply I have seen at Menards and Home Depot doesn't really look all that great.

Frank Lopez
04-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Typically most cabinet manufacturers will use the same interior for all their cabinets, irregardless of the exterior wood type. I think mine are a light maple type interior. Personally I like the lighter look of maple on the interior, especially for glass door cabinets. Makes for a nice background if you decide to add lights for displays.... but that just what I like.