PDA

View Full Version : Hammer A3 31

Jim Barrett
01-04-2013, 9:45 PM
Just put my order in for a new A3 31. Got the spiral cutter block, handwheel and digital readout, and the roller carriage and lift bar. With shipping... just over $5100...lift gate delivery included in that price was $509. Pricey little devil!
I dealt with the Sacramento sales office. Nice folks but...I had to check their pricing...I went online and checked pricing and the online price was $45 cheaper then what the salesman was offering...plus the online shipping was $200 less then what he quoted!!! So buyer beware...if you are buying check the website!! Should see the machine sometime in February.

Jim

Paul McGaha
01-04-2013, 9:53 PM
Congratulations Jim,

From what I read it's a very popular and well liked machine. I'm sure you'll love it.

PHM

Mark Carlson
01-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi Jim,

I got mine about a year ago just before the new models came out. You wont be disappointed. The digital readout is a must have. Did you get the byrd head (I did) or did you go with the new hammer silent power cutter head?

~mark

Jim Barrett
01-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Mark,
Went for the new silent power head...I am done adjusting planer/jointer knives...

Jim

Ruel Smith
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
With shipping... just over $5100...lift gate delivery included in that price was $509. Pricey little devil!

Nice machine, but OUCH!!! Just reading that price made my wallet cry...

Jim Barrett
01-07-2013, 1:05 AM
Nice machine, but OUCH!!! Just reading that price made my wallet cry...

Gotta buy it before my wife retires ;)

Jeff Monson
01-07-2013, 8:52 AM
You will like your machine Jim, very good quality machine and you outfitted it right. FYI there is no blade adjustment on the A#-31 with straight knives, they are self indexed.