PDA

View Full Version : Finally, dust collection for my Porter Cable ROS

Ole Anderson
01-04-2013, 7:12 PM
This probably isn't news to many of you, but I just realized that Porter Cable offers an add-on dust collector hood and hose for their 7335/7336 5" and 6" random orbital sanders. These are the ones with the side handle used in automotive and woodworking shops. I have had one for 18 years now and have been spewing dust since buying it. Lately I have been using a down draft (convertible to side draft) table which work for small parts but not large parts. I had envy for those Festool ROS guys with the dust collector attachment and dust extractor (vacuum). I ran across the PC accessory just last week. When I decided to finish my basement floor with Pergo I realized I needed to add base. So I just picked up 108 feet of 3-1/2" x 1/2" oak base to match the rest of my house. And it needs sanding to remove the planer marks. So this afternoon I unboxed my Amazon purchase and went to town on nine 12' sections of base using 120 grit paper and my 10 gallon Shop Vac. The hose was longer than the cord on the sander, and real flexy, it didn't take a set while curled in the box. To be on the safe side I wore my mask and ran the ambient air cleaner. All in all I am very happy with the results. Here is a pic: