PDA

View Full Version : Where it find. Help with my drawers.

Dale Cruea
01-04-2013, 4:58 PM
As my woodworking experience grows and my projects get more complex I find that I am having lots of trouble mounting draws that look professional.

I can not seem to find a book or any ideas on the internet that will show me how to make the mounting stuff that goes inside a carcase to mount drawers.

I usually throw something together that will hold the drawer. In the end it looks like crud and crude.

Is there a book or some place I can go to find to show me how to make the inside of a carcase look professional when installing a drawer?

I can find a lot of information on making drawers and fitting them. Nothing on making the stuff that goes inside.

Thanks,
Dale

Chris Griggs
01-04-2013, 5:04 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Drawer-Book-Popular-Woodworking/dp/1558708421

I have this book and like it. Covers several forms of drawer construction and mounting. It has nice drawings and explanations of carcass interiors.

Dale Cruea
01-04-2013, 6:01 PM
Thanks Chris.
Looks like what I was wanting.
I just ordered the book.

Dale

Chris Griggs
01-04-2013, 6:21 PM
Thanks Chris.
Looks like what I was wanting.
I just ordered the book.

Dale

Great! Its a nice little reference. No super cool handtool techniques or anything. But a really nice basic reference of general drawer and carcass construction. I learned a good bit from it.

Ryan Griffey
01-04-2013, 7:08 PM
Also covered decently in "The Essential Woodworker" by Robert Wearing. I've been woodworking for quite a while but I pull something new out of this book every time I open it.

Zach Dillinger
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Depends on what you are making. Thrown together looking stuff is par for the course for a lot of period furniture.