PDA

View Full Version : Vika 2 in 1, not a bad little assemble table

Bill Huber
01-04-2013, 9:26 AM
I got a Vika 2 in 1 at Xmas and got to use it last weekend, not a bad little assemble table.

With my small shop I just don't have room for an assemble table. I have to use my table saw with some MDF on it as an assemble table most of the time.

With the new 2 in 1 I can set it up in the middle of the shop and still get to the all my tools if needed. It is really nice to have it, it is strong and does a really nice job as an assemble table. It is 31" high in what is called the workbench mode and 21" in the scaffold mode.

It is a little heavy, about 50 lb. but that is not a real problem. To set it up you squeeze 2 large tabs together and then swing the legs to the position you want and they lock in place. There is also a brace that attaches to each leg, just snaps in and requires no tools.

One side, the workbench side is MDF it has a hole in it so you can drill though something, WOW. There is a place you can plug in an extension cord and then you have 3 receptacles to use for tools. The scaffold mode is just a grate to stand on which could also be use as a bench if needed.

I have not use the scaffold mode but it looks like it could be handy when painting or doing things like that. It has two large handles on it so you can carry it around, when folded down it is about 4 inches thick so I can just put in the corner of the shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMrYeb4bD8

Jamie Lynch
01-04-2013, 9:37 AM
Looks great! I wish I had one of these a month ago when I painted two bedrooms.

John Coloccia
01-04-2013, 9:38 AM
Yeah, these things are great. When I was still actively working at Woodcraft, these were some of the easiest sales. I just take it out of the box, demo it for about a minute, and done...I don't recall anyone ever showing some interest and then NOT buying it after seeing it in action. It's a lot sturdier than you might guess and is very well made, as well as well thought out.

Jim Matthews
01-04-2013, 3:59 PM
I liked mine so well, I went back to buy another.

They're my assembly table and sheet goods handler in the garage.

Watch out for the metal stay straps on the side, they will bend with use and that makes closing them up a little fiddly.
FYI - Anything you drop through the holes in the MDF will get caught in the plastic grate beneath, instead of dropping through.
That would seem to defy physics (or angular mechanics or the Pauli exclusion principle) but it bears out in practice.