PDA

View Full Version : Ever look in a woman's purse? I envy their compaction skills.

Rich Riddle
01-03-2013, 8:42 AM
A female in our home has a purse, well many purses. When we are out somewhere and need an item, she pulls it out of the purse. I peeked the other day when she opened the purse. It looks like she puts more in her purse than I can put in the garage. It's also about as heavy as everything in the garage. How do they do it? How do they learn to compact so much stuff in such a small space? What is in your female's purse?

Joe Bradshaw
01-03-2013, 9:31 AM
Women can really pack their purses, however, I have always been afraid to look in the purses.

Jim Creech
01-03-2013, 12:22 PM
It's my experience that some things simply aren't done. Looking in a ladies purse ranks high on that list. (the fear factor also plays a role)!

David Weaver
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
When I was little, we used to dump purses. It was sort of like treasure hunting. I'm sure we found things that would make adult men cringe, but I don't remember any of them because we'd have had no idea what they were.

My favorite thing was the eyelash crimper that was in my mother's purse. I had no clue what it actually was (and certainly didn't sit around crimping my eyelashes), but I thought it was neat because it was the most mechanical thing in the purse. You know what I'm talking about if you've seen one, they're like a mini press with scissor handles.

We would dump my mother's purse on a regular basis, and any others we could get to. Some of the old ladies weren't so happy about it when we'd ask if we could dump theirs, though, but some played along. The odd person who didn't have much was a real disappointment - it's almost as if those weren't real women, but someone carrying a purse for looks. But the purses that poured out items like a dump truck dumping coarse gravel..........jackpot. Even if it was mostly tissues, various nail files, lip sticks and other stuff no boy had a use for. It was like a free adventure in random discovery.

Jay Jolliffe
01-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Once in a while I'll be looking for something like the check book & my wife will say it's in my purse. I just hand her the purse because I couldn't find it in there in the first place. She just laugh's because I won't go in it..

Larry Whitlow
01-03-2013, 1:41 PM
Once in a while I'll be looking for something like the check book & my wife will say it's in my purse. I just hand her the purse because I couldn't find it in there in the first place. She just laugh's because I won't go in it..

I never thought about this before, but I do the exact same thing. The thought of digging around in my wife's purse is a little scary.

Rich Riddle
01-03-2013, 2:47 PM
It's my experience that some things simply aren't done. Looking in a ladies purse ranks high on that list. (the fear factor also plays a role)!
I only peeked when she opened it. I am afraid of what might be in there. Anytime something is needed from it, she finds it....I might get lost in there.

Megan Fitzpatrick
01-03-2013, 10:57 PM
I often have an apron plane in my purse. Truly.

Rich Engelhardt
01-04-2013, 6:48 AM
I often have an apron plane in my purse. Truly.I believe my wife has a chain saw in hers...it's hidden behind the front end loader...
I can't say for sure because I'd rather gargle ground glass than to look in that little bag of horrors she carries around...

John Pratt
01-04-2013, 9:39 AM

+1. I think the label on my wife's purse has a warning that says, "Beware of Sleestak!"

Jim Becker
01-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Well...consider what Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series can get out of her purse...a full size tent including poles, furniture, lighting, etc...or anything else that might be needed, like a complete change of clothing for a whole party of people. A little shoulder bag, too. LOL :p

ray hampton
01-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I do not know what in my wife purse and try not to think about where the kitchen sink got to