PDA

View Full Version : CL acquisition

Jim Laumann
01-02-2013, 6:08 PM
Found this saw (Jet JWBS-12OS) on Craigs list a couple months back - contacted the owner (he turned out to be a member of the turning club I belong to - small world....)

Long story short, the owner was willing to sit on the saw for me until I could scrape up the ca$h, and pickup day was on Saturday. Been looking for a saw like this or similar for a while, and since it was priced less than many of the Craftsman saws I see listed, it seemed to be something to jump on.

For my $175 I got 3 extra blades, new neoprene tires and the basic saw/stand. Runs nicely, although some vibration due to the leg design on the concrete floor. I fixed that by putting a section of double thickness cardboard under each leg. Looked today at local Home Centers for a 1/8" scroll blade, but nada - not to be found....Woodcraft has them though (mail order).

Don't know if the price makes it a gloat or not, but the functionality of the saw will great.

Jim

Dan Masshardt
01-02-2013, 6:42 PM
I was considering the same saw today. I'm wondering if I should hold put for a 14" though.