PDA

View Full Version : Newer DJ-20 Owner's question

Simon OConnor
04-27-2005, 10:57 PM
I bought a DJ-20 non-x5 version about a month or two ago from Amazon, and have very mixed feelings about it.

While I like the extra capacity and the parallelogram bed I have had no end of problems with my fence.

I am not able to get the fence to lock 90 degrees to the table and stay there. The fence moves pretty easily out of 90 no matter how hard I try to cinch the ratcheting lock nut and the tapered pin doesn't seem to help as there is too much slop. If I move the fence in or out it always goes out of alignment.

Has anyone else had similar problems, or is there something I am not doing properly before I try to get a new fence assembly from Delta?

My model has the taiwanese top and chinese base.

Thanks

Simon :)

Mark Singer
04-27-2005, 11:06 PM
I have a DJ 2o and have had no problem. There is a detent and a pin to hold 90 degrees. There is also the tightening lever which really locks it. I use a square and lock it using the lever. The detent is not as accurate. Moving the fence is a seperat lever and does not alter the "square" of the fence to the table.

Chris Rosenberger
04-27-2005, 11:18 PM
I had the same problem when I first got my DJ20. I found that the fence had to be setting on the outfeed table when I squared it up. I never had a problem keeping it square after that.

Jeff Sudmeier
04-28-2005, 8:34 AM
I just got mine too, and the "detent" was dead on from the factory. It hasn't moved since.

Terre Hooks
04-28-2005, 9:26 AM
Have you called Delta about this?