PDA

View Full Version : Two shavers and a wine stopper

Russell Johnson
01-01-2013, 1:02 PM
For Christmas I did some gifts for my family. I did 2 shavers and a wine stopper. Had some small issues with the mandrel on the second shaver but once fixed it came out real nice. The shavers are Lacewood and Madrone Burl. The wine stopper came out nice but I think I might have made it a bit tall. First one the recommended starting blank was 3". There is a cove on the top that is not pictured. The wine stopper is made of Koa.

I welcome any comments, questions or constructive criticism.

Lee Koepke
01-01-2013, 2:01 PM
nice! I made (and sold) my first razor project right before Christmas, they are really cool. I have one more in my shop for me, just havent decided what wood to use, since I will be the one looking/using it for awhile.

FWIW, I tend to make wine bottle stoppers a bit shorter, sometimes the taller ones either make the bottle unstable, or wont fit in the fridge. I do like the detail and the wood, though.

Russell Johnson
01-01-2013, 3:43 PM
Yeah. I think I learned a lesson on that. I'm pretty new at turning and both my wife and I didn't think about it being to tall until the project was fully finished and the step glued on. My sister in-law loves wine so I'm sure this won't be my last one to make. Thank you for your comments.

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2013, 7:27 PM
Nice looking razors and stopper.