PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Idea

Deane Donaghy
01-01-2013, 9:00 AM
I was killing time today, and seeing it is a new year, that means Valentines is just around the corner.
So I came up with this linked hearts corel file that I'm going to cut from some red celluloid guitar pickguard material.
Do different sizes and you can do a set of pendant and small earrings.
So hopefully the women will go crazy for my hearts and make me a squillionare, or not.

Steven Cox
01-01-2013, 5:42 PM
Nice idea but you'll need to do some work on the nodes to reduce them and smoothe them out to get a nice clean cut.

Deane Donaghy
01-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Well for my first effort that I did and not pinched from somewhere I was happy.
I'm learning as I go with both software and the laser, and all self taught by the trial and error method plus help from forums like Sawmill

Steven Cox
01-03-2013, 8:41 AM
Don't get me wrong it wasn't a dig, just pointing out the the smoother the curves are the better it will cut (and look). We all have to start somewhere, there's some great tutorials on the net for Corel on just about every subject, so if you are stuck just google it. After 20+ years using Corel I'm still learning. One thing that's great about Corel, if there's something you want to do there's always more than one way to do it.

Regards Steve.

Deane Donaghy
01-03-2013, 6:03 PM
I appreciate your input Steve. When I cut it out it looked fine to me, but I have low standards anyway, lol.
I See your from Oz as well. Maybe we deserve an Aussie engravers section as well.

Mike Null
01-04-2013, 6:05 AM
Deane

Attached is a file that took about a minute using tools already in CorelDraw. Using the presets will give you smooth edges and a lot of flexibility in sizing and shaping the basic preset.

Steven Cox
01-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Maybe we deserve an Aussie engravers section as well.

Don't hold your breath, I don't think there's enough of us here!.