PDA

View Full Version : Source for Geetech 8" Jointer Fence part

Don Morris
01-01-2013, 6:29 AM
Years ago I bought a Sunhill Machinery CT-240L 8" jointer. Sunhill is no longer around. It's made in Taiwan by Geetech. Good machine and I've had no real problems with it other than having to really tighten the fence down hard to keep it in place. OK, I overtightened it, and cracked a part in the fence: the "Locking Link". I have it sort of "jury rigged" in place now and it works fine. For months I have had no luck trying to find a company that will at least even answer my request for assistance. I've called, written but after months, nothing to show. I guess I could take it to a machine shop and have them duplicate it, but I shudder to think of the cost of that. Anybody with a Geetech jointer know a dealer/retailer from whom they have been successful in getting parts, please give me their number? Thanks.

John Lanciani
01-01-2013, 7:20 AM
When I had a Sunhil jointer I used to get parts for it from JET. Just track down a schematic from the JET equivalent machine so that you can order the correct part number.

Curt Harms
01-01-2013, 9:25 AM
Grizzly has downloadable manuals & parts lists for most if not all their machines. You could download a similar looking machine's manual and look at the parts list in the back or a separate parts .pdf file.

Don Morris
01-01-2013, 10:08 AM
I took a look at the Jet 8" jointer. The fence looks to be the same thing! So I went to the Jet pdf file for fence parts and if it's not the exact same thing "I'll eat my hat". Thanks for the help!!! I'll call jet tomorrow and get going on a replacement part. Just have to be careful in the future not to put too much torque on that cast metal part. As I said: my only beef with the machine is that on a long project, the fence doesn't hold the right angle to the bed very long. The motion of the motor seems to jar the loint mechanism of the fence lose, and I need to check it every so often to make sure it's still at a right angle to the bed. You guys made my 1st day of the year a happy one by solving a months long problem. The Creek rocks.

David Kumm
01-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Did you check with Oliver? Sunhill became Oliver I believe. Don't know if they stock old parts. Dave

Don Morris
01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
I went online and eReplacement Parts had the Jet 8" Locking Link part. Ordered it. Hopefully, problem will be solved when it comes and I install it...carefully. Thanks for the help people. Have a great New Year. May your favorite team win. If they don't, as long as the food, wine and beer was good, and your wood has no knots, what the heck.

Kevin Guarnotta
01-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Did that part work?
I have been looking at jointers, and just saw one of these on Craigslist, along with a full suite of power tools. I'm not sure of the individual price, but trying to determine if it is a decent machine.
As far as parts-I did find that www.lomatools.com/ carries parts for these, supposedly. This is based on another forum I saw where the owner of this tool was looking for a new head.

Would you recommend this machine?

scott spencer
01-27-2013, 7:35 AM
AFAIK, the Jet, Griz G1018, Bridgewood, Sunhill, Woodtek, King Industrial, and others all rolled out of the same factory at one time.....check parts on any of them from the turn of the century era.