PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking New Year Resolutions

Rich Riddle
12-31-2012, 8:08 PM
What is your woodworking new year resolution and how long do you plan on keeping it? Mine is to spend less money (net) on tools than during 2012. This plan will also include ridding myself of duplicate stationary tools.

Brian Kent
12-31-2012, 9:45 PM
Mine is to have at least 2 segments of creative productivity, at least three months each.

No stationary tool purchases or major hand tools. I have what I need. Lots of supplies for projects, including bits and chucks and gouges and sandpaper and glue and finishes.

I want to learn a ton.

Brian Tymchak
01-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Mine is to just find some time to do something "woodworking". Between the job and the house, it's been a long time since I've had that luxury..

George Bokros
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Complete my shop cabinets by April 1st. The catch may be the need to get some more material, it is hard to haul 8 ft pieces in a six foot bed Ranger and not get them wet from the snow or road spray here in northern Ohio. I need to travel 1.5 hrs each way to the saw mill to get rough sawn oak in quantities less than 100 bd ft

Ted Calver
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Procrastinate for another year!!

Jim O'Dell
01-02-2013, 5:47 PM
Procrastinate for another year!!

My man!!!!!! Jim.

Rich Riddle
01-02-2013, 5:53 PM
Complete my shop cabinets by April 1st. The catch may be the need to get some more material, it is hard to haul 8 ft pieces in a six foot bed Ranger and not get them wet from the snow or road spray here in northern Ohio. I need to travel 1.5 hrs each way to the saw mill to get rough sawn oak in quantities less than 100 bd ft
You folks living in that area certainly tolerate cold and wet weather. I have had luck with "bundling" individual pieces into small units then wrapping them in a tarp and on both ends placing a large commercial trash bag. After doing that I ratchet the bag/tarps tight. It's always resulted in dry wood no matter rain or not. I too have a six foot bed on the Ford. You might need to make four or six little bundles, but the time spent on that process is less than the time spent drying.