PDA

View Full Version : New Delta TS ?

Tom Hurlebaus
04-27-2005, 5:56 PM
Just got home and noticed I’ve received my new Amazon Tool Crib catalog. Has Delta come out with a new TS in the $900 range to match Sears or is it just that I haven’t noticed ?

New 10” Hybrid saw with either 30” Delta Unifence $900 or 30” Biesemeyer $950.

Full cabinet design with internal 1 ¾ HP (115/230) induction motor with single Poly-V style belt. Left and right cast wings, table mount trunions, oversized On/Off and under table storage for fence, miter gauge and wrenches (sounds familiar ...)

I haven’t heard this machined mentioned in any threads …. anyone know anything about this new (?) machine ? I’ve been seriously looking at the new cMan, but I’m not in a hurry and was waiting for that great deal.

Tom

Hoa Dinh
04-27-2005, 7:02 PM
From what I've heard, it's very similar to the Craftsman, with the exception that the trunion is attached to the top, a la contrator's saw. In the Craftsman, the trunion is bolted to the cabinet, a la cabinet saw.

I also heard that Delta's slipped the shipping date. The saw won't be shipped until July.

scott spencer
04-27-2005, 7:25 PM
That'd be the model 36-717 hybrid...very similar to the Craftsman 22124 but with contractor style trunnions as Hoa pointed out. The accessory package is slightly different too....The Delta comes with a leg set vs a fold up outfeed table. The Delta is even rumored to be made by Orion just like the Sears.

Bruce Page
04-27-2005, 8:02 PM
That'd be the model 36-717 hybrid...very similar to the Craftsman 22124 but with contractor style trunnions as Hoa pointed out. The accessory package is slightly different too....The Delta comes with a leg set vs a fold up outfeed table. The Delta is even rumored to be made by Orion just like the Sears.

Well, if it's not made by the same company, they certainly buy their on/off switch and fence from the same suppliers!

Maurice Ungaro
04-28-2005, 3:31 PM
You might want to take a look at the General International entry into that market. I had the opportunity to inspect one at Redmond's, and it appears to be a quality unit. A little cheaper than both the Delta and Craftsman...but only by about $50. That being said, the General has a full 2 hp motor.

Jeff Sudmeier
04-28-2005, 4:25 PM
I had not yet seen the delta. I would think this would put a dent in the Craftsman sales. However, lately people have been getting some deals ($650) or so for the Craftsman. If they keep that up, they will keep the sales.

I would have picked one up, but I didn't have the cash.

jack duren
04-28-2005, 8:16 PM
not to be a smart pants but why not just buy a used unisaw and eliminate the comparison of the lesser saw?.....jack

Mike Deschler
04-28-2005, 8:49 PM
I don't know about Tom's situation, but I really wanted a uni or even a pm66, but my particular situation was dicated by the excessive cost to get my shop wired for 220v. As an alternative, I bought a Sears 22124 after extensive research on the Orion product. I am very pleased with the choice and cannot find any fault with the product especially after buying it right. Now I have extra money for other toys.

scott spencer
04-28-2005, 9:19 PM
not to be a smart pants but why not just buy a used unisaw and eliminate the comparison of the lesser saw?.....jack In my case, I've got 20 amps of 220v available and the DC takes about 12 of that. Not sure how a 3hp motor would do sharing that circuit, or how well the circuit would handle it for that matter. Both the Delta and the 22124 draw ~ 7.5 amps on 220v.