PDA

View Full Version : Basic Engraving Software...WHICH ONE?????

neil moralde
12-31-2012, 1:25 AM
putting aside my problems with my laser machine for a minute

i also have a CNC 60X90 Chinese Milling Machine (yes i know...another Chinese machine)

not really as it is performing very well without any problems (touch wood)

I do not use this machine for deep milling or 3D milling

only for basic engraving ...such as plaques and trophy plates...(aluminuim and plastic)

my question here is

as im only new at this computerised machines (im a old hand at manual engraving of 30 years) (but ive been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century)

at present ive just been playing with free engraving sofyware such as F-ENGRAVE...which i find ok...but it is really basic as with anything free....

now remembering whatever you suggest must be designed for a OLD DOG DUMMY....

i want a very simple engraving software that i can simply add jpeg and other basic bitmap pictures as well as a range of fonts that i can upgrade from the free F-ENGRAVE....something that is not too difficult to navigate around and is written in basic english...not tech jargon that i need a klingon translator to decifer...

can you guys suggest something as far as software is concerned that will not only do my jobs but not turn me into a zombie....preferably a software that can create G-CODES as a output save feature.....

also i did apply for a PLATINUM amex card but failed...lol...so please something mid range price wise....

ive spent time reading many threads on this forum since joining recently and WOW...are you guys so experienced at this stuff...i may get to your level if i remember to take my YOUTH ETERNITY medication...LOl

anyhow guys....all suggestions and advice is much appreciated as im not too old to learn from you young pups

Many Regards
Neil

Rodne Gold
12-31-2012, 2:14 AM
What you really need is a back end to a good design package like Autocad or Corel..IE a postprocessor for those packages that will enable you to utilise all your machine abilities. Depends on what you want to spend , Engravelab or profilelab will do the trick and be quite decent as a front and back end.
Most of the chinese machines come with either a cracked version of Mach3 or Type 3...didnt yours?
I was looking at a program called sheetcam www.sheetcam.com (http://www.sheetcam.com). Looks like it may work GBP200 for sheetcam and mach2/mach3..round $300..thats affordable

Talley Boatwright
01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Personally I would suggest CorelDraw X5 and VCarve Pro by Vectric. Corel will allow you to be creative and VCarve Pro could convert Corel saved formats into Gcode formats. You need nothing else.

neil moralde
01-03-2013, 3:16 AM
Personally I would suggest CorelDraw X5 and VCarve Pro by Vectric. Corel will allow you to be creative and VCarve Pro could convert Corel saved formats into Gcode formats. You need nothing else.

Sir...i thank you very much

on your say so i have just purchased both programmes

your a gentleman and a scholar

Dean Fowell
01-05-2013, 9:59 AM
I missed this Thread I have Tool Shop for Milling and Lasers Water Jets still trying to work on a Post processor for my Laser Engraver the software is out of Australia a friend of mine Built the software