PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer Decals

Rich Riddle
12-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I have rebuilt several tools to use in the shop but didn't manage to salvage the decals when doing the restoration. Does anyone know where I can get Jet decals? I have an 8" jointer back when Jet was blue that could use some decals. Also I have a horizontal bandsaw that needs to be painted that is a Jet. Those decals leave quite a bit to be desired. Thanks.

Matt Meiser
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Couple options.

1) a member here made me some tags on black aluminum for a Rockwell bandsaw that turned out great.
2) I restored an old gas pump several years ago and had a local vinyl sign shop make graphics.
3) I did some small decals to restore the angle scale on the table of a sander with inkjet decal film. Some issues there in that they are somewhat translucent, and you can't print white so you may need a white background
4) Have you checked with Jet? I repainted my brush hog and the manufacturer sent me a complete pack of decals free (I'd just requested the safety decals)

If you make them/have them made, you can also have a little fun and do something different. For example, that gas pump I mentioned was restored for "Gulf Racing Gas"

Thomas Hotchkin
12-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Rich
Tester has a kit available in model shops, that let you use your ink jet printer to make decals. Also there is clear inkjet printing labels in 8 1/2 x 11 that work great. I have used both. Tom